Game freezes after loading it with USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by freitaz, Jan 6, 2015.

  1. freitaz
    OP

    freitaz Newbie

    Newcomer
    6
    0
    Dec 14, 2014
    Brazil
    Greetings. I am new here, and I think you can help me.

    I have a Wii U and softmodded the vWii, using the guides available here. It runs fine.

    I am trying to run a modded version of Zelda Twilight Princess (a translated one) through USB Loader GX, but it freezes on the game warning screen.

    I tried with different usb sticks, but none of them gave good results. The original version loads fine with default options.

    Thanks for your attention.
     
  2. Cyan

    Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

    Global Moderator
    17,672
    8,273
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    did you try another loader to see if the issue is USBLoaderGX or your game/patch?

    Always test different things to exclude and narrow possibilities and find the issue.
     
  3. freitaz
    OP

    freitaz Newbie

    Newcomer
    6
    0
    Dec 14, 2014
    Brazil
    Yes, tried also with WiiFlow. Same thing: the modded game doesn't load, while the original runs fine. I would try uLoader, but it complained about cIOS 222 / 223.

    Additional info: the ISO file was modded using WiiScrubber to replace the dialogue files with translated ones.
     
  4. Cyan

    Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

    Global Moderator
    17,672
    8,273
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    either the file is corrupted/badly patched, either the patch itself is bad.
    Do you have a support thread where you found this patch?

    See if other users have the same issue, ask how they fixed it, what loader, what setup, which MD5/Sha-1 should have the patched ISO, etc.
     
  5. freitaz
    OP

    freitaz Newbie

    Newcomer
    6
    0
    Dec 14, 2014
    Brazil
    I tested it today with Dolphin emulator and the modded ISO worked fine. I will do more research later, since I am busy right now.
     
  6. G0R3Z

    G0R3Z Just Can't Be Bothered

    Member
    695
    320
    Aug 12, 2014

    IT could be one of those games that requires you to use a region fix for it to function. Try all of the options like regions etc. and see if it works.

    Also, the fact it works in dolphin and not in ULGX is no indication of its legitimacy. ULGX is loading the game using native hardware and will throw out errors for even small changes in the code if they're not handled properly. It just might not run on defaults.
     
  7. freitaz
    OP

    freitaz Newbie

    Newcomer
    6
    0
    Dec 14, 2014
    Brazil
    Did some more tests (also with Configurable USB Loader), still didn't work yet. Tried with cIOS 222, 223, 224 (on my old Wii still hanging around here), 236 (vWii), 249, 250, 251 (both). I will try to get another ISO version to test later. Tomorrow I'll begin to mess with ULGX options also.
     
  8. Cyan

    Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

    Global Moderator
    17,672
    8,273
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Sometime, patched and modded games work fine on emulators but not on real hardware, because emulators are more flexible (for example, Gamecube emulators can use HD textures, etc.)
    Maybe the patch you are using is modifying some file size and moving important data to places where the console can't access it.

    well, it's just supposition.
    Proper help from the place where the patch is from will be better.
     
  9. freitaz
    OP

    freitaz Newbie

    Newcomer
    6
    0
    Dec 14, 2014
    Brazil
    I managed to run it today with ULGX, default options.

    The problem was with file size mismatch, like Cyan pointed. Patching the iso with a slightly different method solved it.

    Thanks for your help.