Homebrew Game Forces sysNAND Boot

Scissorman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on O3DS, so that's a plus. So if I follow Plailect's guide, can I substitute my already existent emuNAND for my RedNAND? Or must it be RedNAND? I may just go ahead and say bye-bye Smash DLC if that's the case as I have too much on my emuNAND.

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on O3DS, so that's a plus. So if I follow Plailect's guide, can I substitute my already existent emuNAND for my RedNAND? Or must it be RedNAND? I may just go ahead and say bye-bye Smash DLC if that's the case as I have too much on my emuNAND.
Yeah, theres not really any difference. If you want to be really thorough just backup your current emunand and reformat for rednand. then after it's done just reformat for gw emunand and reflash it.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked my console too. I just retried the "downgrade 2.1 verification" part and it always told me it wasn't a valid downgrade (on Part 1 of verification). I tried that around 30 times, with different downloaded packs (the same 2.1 pack, but downloaded several times).

After that, I read the troubleshoot section, and it said it could be a false positive. So, I went ahed. And voilà! Bricked console!

It should have been an error from my part, I know. It's just that I don't understand how there's a lot of people saying they have done the process on several consoles, succeeding every time. I tried that part about downgrading to 2.1 for two whole weeks (hence the 30 emunand downgrade tries). And used at least 5 different SD cards, 3 of which were all new. I just don't understand. Maybe I'm just not enough intelligent for this process.
By chance, you wouldn't happen to have extensions hidden on your computer, would you? I've seen a couple of people with filenames such as ropbin_payload....bin.bin, Launcher.dat.dat, and so on. That could be one of the issues.

@Scissorman Are you installing your DLC with FBI? I've found success installing Smash DLC with DevMenu instead.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
By chance, you wouldn't happen to have extensions hidden on your computer, would you? I've seen a couple of people with filenames such as ropbin_payload....bin.bin, Launcher.dat.dat, and so on. That could be one of the issues.

@Scissorman Are you installing your DLC with FBI? I've found success installing Smash DLC with DevMenu instead.
Are you talking about those could be issues for the downgrade to 2.1 verification always failing? Or you accidentally quoted my post?

Anyway, I have my files alright, extensions always visible for every kind of file (it's a shame that Windows still have them hidden by default). I even looked for hidden files that could interfere with the downgrade, and nothing.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about those could be issues for the downgrade to 2.1 verification always failing? Or you accidentally quoted my post?

Anyway, I have my files alright, extensions always visible for every kind of file (it's a shame that Windows still have them hidden by default). I even looked for hidden files that could interfere with the downgrade, and nothing.
Yeah, the quote was intentional. Were you working on an N3DS? If so, did you remember to unbrick EmuNAND before flashing it to SysNAND? Or, did you unbrick EmuNAND for the O3DS? (You shouldn't actually do that)

Finally, did you try booting up the downgraded console with the SD card out of the system?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, the quote was intentional. Were you working on an N3DS? If so, did you remember to unbrick EmuNAND before flashing it to SysNAND? Or, did you unbrick EmuNAND for the O3DS? (You shouldn't actually do that)

Finally, did you try booting up the downgraded console with the SD card out of the system?
It was a N3DS, and yep, read the part where it said the N3DS downgrade would be always bricked, and that you needed to unbrick it. Everything until that part was always okay.

Can't check until I do the hardmod, but I'll retry the process once I do it. Still, it was really frustrating, doing all along with the guide, and still not getting anything okay.

And yes, I tried with the SD card out of the system. And fter checking some threads about it, I concluded I was full-bricked, hard-bricked, or however it's called.

It's my fault for taking a risky decision. Should have read more.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Olmectron,

Scissorman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CrispyYoshi Yes, I did. I installed it using a H&S injected FBI app on emuNAND. However, it was working successfully for about a month before a few days ago when this problem occurred.

Anyway, it doesn't matter too much now since I'm already progressing through the process to A9LH and AuReiNAND, but I greatly appreciate your response.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have Aureinand on one of my original 3ds and rxTools 3.0 beta 2 on another and smash bros works perfectly on both of them from emunand . Remember if you install the Smash bros dlc with fbi it does not work you need to install with bbm

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Scissorman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as stated before, everything was working A-OK and it randomly just began messing up. I really don't think it has anything to do with the way it was installed.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, as stated before, everything was working A-OK and it randomly just began messing up. I really don't think it has anything to do with the way it was installed.
Well like I said fbi fucks up smash bros dlc it's a well known fact so if you installed it with fbi you have your answer what is wrong then

Scissorman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to update on my progress.

I'm currently going through the "one-click setup" process to get me to 2.2. No errors so far and things seem to be going great. AuReiNAND supports custom themes, doesn't it?

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to update on my progress.

I'm currently going through the "one-click setup" process to get me to 2.2. No errors so far and things seem to be going great. AuReiNAND supports custom themes, doesn't it?
Really anything you could install the CHMM2 cia to or run CHMM2 through hbl would support custom themes. You just don't get the glory of theme shuffle with menuhax

Scissorman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran into my first problem. I went into SafeA9LHInstaller and installed it. My 3DS immediately powered off and I booted it back up to an error screen almost immediately. I powered off and powered back on to which Homebrew Launcher booted. I attempted to access the AuReiNand menu only to be greeted with a black screen and a frozen 3DS. What is the best course of action?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Soooo I did a dumb and shut down my 3DS by pressing Start instead of pressing Select for install... oops? XD

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran into my first problem. I went into SafeA9LHInstaller and installed it. My 3DS immediately powered off and I booted it back up to an error screen almost immediately. I powered off and powered back on to which Homebrew Launcher booted. I attempted to access the AuReiNand menu only to be greeted with a black screen and a frozen 3DS. What is the best course of action?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Soooo I did a dumb and shut down my 3DS by pressing Start instead of pressing Select for install... oops? XD

If you can get back into your hbl flash your 9.2 back into sysnand or just redo the process in safea9lh. Just try doing the safea9lh thing again first. That's odd that it installed the stage2 like that though

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to install it and got that black screen that was mentioned in the guide here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_sys_a9lh

Sorry if linking that isn't allowed... anyway, I was able to boot Decrypt9 and I was also able to test the other .bin mentioned there with success. What does that mean and what do I do to solve this?
Then you're completely fine. Welcome to A9LH, you just need to make sure your AuReiNand payload is in the right place, doesnt seem like it can find it. Also you don't need to boot cfw through HBL anymore, any cfws you use will have an a9lh payload that goes along with it and loads it from the payload.

Last edited by Docmudkipz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board. +1