Hacking Game dumper by team FreeK

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was in the Wololo comments yesterday: by looking at the mini icons at the top of the screen at the first part of the video, the app that they won't show you that the manual opens in is Party. The other icons are home, vitamin, and the game itself.

At the very end where it builds the modified eboot, a steroid.suprx is written as well (pairs right nice with the 'injecting morphine' at the start). It also undoes the app.db change. I don't have the time/urge to test, but could it be that the app.db gets modified in such a way that either Party is supposed to open, but Near does instead (or vice versa)?

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate teasers, real or not they still just a tease.

Is it a tease when you're showing your app running to prove it's real? What you hate is not having the tool being openly available so people can distribute games as VPKs, methinks.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a tease when you're showing your app running to prove it's real? What you hate is not having the tool being openly available so people can distribute games as VPKs, methinks.
This is exactly why I wouldn't be surprised if they just have a leak of someone else's work. Several people already verified their methods with Wololo. There wasn't really any need for a video as it was already confirmed there are (multiple) working methods.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Am i the only one who actually watched video till end where they show "hello world" message in game itself which CONFIRMS that they managed to decrypt/modyfy eboot.bin as such thing is only possible via modifying eboot.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems legit. Interesting how much it'll take them to release this.

However, the interesting part is if any information about the owner remains in a dump, which might bring Sony's banhammer on your ass.
I am curious. How can you can banned if you have no psn access because of being on a lower firmware?

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
I just watched the video and was pretty blown away. that is truly amazing. I really hope they release this soon.

D

Deleted User

So a 3.60 on henkaku, would there be firmware update nags etc?
Yes. If you are not on the latest firmware, any attempt to connect to PSN will result in an update nag. No bypassing it until firmware spoofers arrive.

However, if you are using Content Manager Assistant, use QCMA and/or Vita Update Blocker to bypass the update nag from there, as the CMA update nag operates differently from a PSN connection attempt.

John V. North

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I am curious. How can you can banned if you have no psn access because of being on a lower firmware?

Well, I was talking about an account ban. I mean losing the shit that you paid for is pretty bad and would be even more devastating if you have a PS3 or PS4 linked to the same acc and lose that too.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was talking about an account ban. I mean losing the shit that you paid for is pretty bad and would be even more devastating if you have a PS3 or PS4 linked to the same acc and lose that too.

If you're running HENkaku and have no access to PSN anyways why would you even be connected to wifi? I mean sure some ppl prolly use the web browser as it was intended or some prolly installed Netflix but seriously if you're on 3.60 and have HENkaku why would you not just keep airplane mode on all the time?

As a side note I'm also super excited about plugin support. Can't wait to see some of those again :)

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo