Game Center CX 2 steps into 16bit territory

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Retro Game Challenge. It just came out in the US and was probably the most pleasant surprise I had all year. Now the sequel Game Center CX 2 is coming to Japan sometime soon and in celebration of the sequel, the game will feature some 16bit goodness in the new platformer Super Demon Returns. The first Super Demon is apparently present in 8bit form, but since this is the Retro Game Challenge, it's all about progression of games in a yearly format.

Ah, makes me cry with glee! Reminds me a bit of the upcoming Great Giana Sisters remake on DS. Maybe for Game Center CX3, they'll crack and give us a 16bit SNES RPG!
grog.gif
Or perhaps a Metroidvania game!
yay.gif

Anyways, here's hoping XSeed manages to pick up this game as well!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if not, there's the freeplay mode seen in the first game. That lets you play the games just in their own way without the voices.

I know what you mean though. I broke my usual promise of not using codes, and cheated open all the games in RGC1 so I could play the games normally without the challenges or voices. Guadia Quest FTW!
biggrin.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh cool.
Personally I want more shooters. :3

Though I hope for GXC3 they throw in some early 32-bit 2d/3d crazyness.
Also some megaman clones darn it.
Not to mention more multiplayer able games and maybe a VS fighter of some sort.
One can only digest so much platformers. Not that I dislike em, I love em. But I wanna see more of this alternate universes arcade games.
Heck, I wanna see some virtual arcade cabinets xD

GXC2 should be great though. they seem to be really filling it with twice the games as the last.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Everyone that's saying "I hope they bring GCCX 2 over!" better be buying RGC. The second game will only be brought over if the first sells well, so don't pirate it and expect the series to continue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...