Question Game cartridge reader not working

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Mooosey, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Mooosey
    OP

Mooosey Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I have been playing around with a switch I bought off ebay - it is running 6.2.0 Atmosphere but I bought it with a "faulty game card reader". I bought a replacement, replaced it and it doesn't seem to be working still. I have double checked everything and the hardware looks clean and I can't see any damage, even when booting into stock firmware. After reading around I have seen something about disabling the game card reader for updating firmware? I have a suspicion that the previous owner has done something to disable it, but I don't know too much about the downgrading/upgrading scene to know. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    To disable the cartridge slot, you have to boot into a CFW that supports the 'nogc' patch (which SX OS is the only one to not officially support) but to boot into CFW, you have to send a payload which by the sound of it, is not what you are doing. However if you are booting a CFW and just forgot to mention it, you can check that by looking at whatever files are on the SD card. But if you aren't booting any CFW at all, something might still be broken somewhere else.