Reactions: 5 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's funny how opinions are valid, unless they're against the 3DS.
Isn't that funny?

I find it funny.

actually it's not funny it really isn't you filthy Nintendo fanboys.
I think the PS2 is the worst console ever released.

That's just my opinion. You can't say I have bad taste because I just don't like most PS2 games.

Are you going to argue about how that opinion is wrong? Sure you can have an opinion but it can still be wrong.

Not entirely sure where you're going with that.
You disliked the PS2?

...oh?

Cool I guess. Whatever floats your boat. I was a gamecube man myself but I like to keep an open mind about consoles. But hey you can hate whatever you want, why would I care.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

OP
You disliked the PS2?

...oh?

Cool I guess. Whatever floats your boat. I was a gamecube man myself but I like to keep an open mind about consoles. But hey you can hate whatever you want, why would I care.
>missing the point

It's that you can have an opinion but it can still be wrong.

Calling the PS2 the worst console ever is an example. It's certainly not the worst console ever compared to stuff like the N-Gage.

If you don't have any valid reasoning behind your opinion then I'll say it's wrong.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You disliked the PS2?

...oh?

>missing the point

It's that you can have an opinion but it can still be wrong.

Calling the PS2 the worst console ever is an example. It's certainly not the worst console ever compared to stuff like the N-Gage.

If you don't have any valid reasoning behind your opinion then I'll say it's wrong.

What if someone enjoyed the PS2 less than stuff like the N-Gage?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the PS2 is the worst console ever released.

That's just my opinion. You can't say I have bad taste because I just don't like most PS2 games.

Are you going to argue about how that opinion is wrong? Sure you can have an opinion but it can still be wrong.
If you think that, Why did you say that the only reason hells would dislike most of the games on the recommendations thread is because he has "horrible taste" or played all those games? It works both ways, dude.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
If he just goes, "The PS2's library is crap" and gives no solid reasoning as to why he thinks that, then yeah he has a shit opinion.

@[member='xwatchmanx']
Nah, he dismissed that list as having a whole ton of crap games. No reasoning was given as to why. Of course he's going to be called out on it.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Simply put, you buy a handheld for a handheld experience. You buy a console for a console experience. Sony is trying to market the Vita with a console experience when people can buy a real console for that. Not only that, but by trying to offer a console experience, it is rivaling with the company's own console, the PS3, which as Foxi4 pointed out, is the fastest-selling console for this year.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That should only be the case if someone's opinion is something objective.

"None of the games on the 3DS are good." = Objective opinion

"I don't think any of the games on 3DS are good.." = subjective opinion

An objective opinion can be called wrong, no problem. If someone says the 3DS factually has no good games, you can counter with a list of games that you enjoyed and/or got great review scores. But a subjective opinion should never be called "wrong." It can be called crazy, stupid, ludicrous, but to call a subjective opinion "wrong" is just plain stupid and arrogant.

@[member='xwatchmanx']
Nah, he dismissed that list as having a whole ton of crap games. No reasoning was given as to why. Of course he's going to be called out on it.
Point taken. But there's a difference between "calling someone out" for not giving reasoning for their opinion, and saying they're wrong.

Simply put, you buy a handheld for a handheld experience. You buy a console for a console experience. Sony is trying to market the Vita with a console experience when people can buy a real console for that. Not only that, but by trying to offer a console experience, it is rivaling with the company's own console, the PS3, which as Foxi4 pointed out, is the fastest-selling console for this year.
Which is sort of a shorter version of that long post I made last night. :P

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If he just goes, "The PS2's library is crap" and gives no solid reasoning as to why he thinks that, then yeah he has a shit opinion.

@[member='xwatchmanx']

Why would I make a giant list of reasons why the games are crap just to preach to a Nintendo fanboy.
I still don't get your logic son.
They don't appeal to me, therefore they are crap, IMO. Sorry I thought that was implied in my blindingly obvious statement.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Why would I make a giant list of reasons why the games are crap just to preach to a Nintendo fanboy.
They don't appeal to me, therefore they are crap, IMO. Sorry I thought that was implied in my blindingly obvious statement.
"If you disagree with me, you're a Nintendo fanboy."

Just stop. Fair play, the 3DS library doesn't appeal to you. Just don't go dismissing an entire list of games (that lots enjoy) as crap and stating it like it's a fact.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"If you disagree with me, you're a Nintendo fanboy."

Just stop. Fair play, the 3DS library doesn't appeal to you. Just don't go dismissing an entire list of games (that lots enjoy) as crap and stating it like it's a fact.

It is a fact, in my opinion.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to say that it has been scientifically proven that the PS2 has the best game library ever.

EDIT: I would also like to say this on opinions on internet forums as many people have been subject to sphincter sorrow due to my posts containing "facts" which are just "opinions".

If you say something on an internet forum and you don't cite it or it's not factually known, it's an opinion.

If I say "The 3DS has no games" then it's an opinion. I don't need a disclaimer on it. I said it, it's not known factually and I didn't site any source, so it's an opinion.

If I say "Most 3DS games have 3D", that's a fact. It's widely known and doesn't need citing, and, if needed, I can cite it.

If I say "According to blahblahblah.com, 3DS games come in sizes ranging from 2-4GB in size", that's a fact. And I cited it since it may not be widely known.

So a PSA to GBAtempers: Stop getting so fucking butthurt over people saying things that are OBVIOUSLY opinions because you somehow can't decipher opinion from fact unless a disclaimer is put on it.

Jesus Christ...

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

OP
If I say "The 3DS has no games" then it's an opinion. I don't need a disclaimer on it. I said it, it's not known factually and I didn't site any source, so it's an opinion.
That isn't an opinion. Saying that the 3DS has no games is factually incorrect since it can be proven that the system does indeed have games.

If you say, "I think the 3DS has no good games", then that's an opinion.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That isn't an opinion. Saying that the 3DS has no games is factually incorrect since it can be proven that the system does indeed have games.

Saying "The 3DS has no games" pretty much implies "It has no good games".

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Saying "The 3DS has no games" pretty much implies "It has no good games".
So why not just say "I think it has no good games" instead of "The 3DS has no games"?

The former removes any room for misinterpreting it as a fact.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

soulx, you just condemned yourself if you should you ever use the phrase "The Vita has no games" based on your logic above (though I can't recall if you ever said it prior to this time).

D

Deleted_171835

OP
soulx, you just condemned yourself if you should you ever use the phrase "The Vita has no games" based on your logic above (though I can't recall if you ever said it prior to this time).
Well I've never said that so...

I generally go by "The Vita has no compelling games" or something along the lines of that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR version of Guild's rant

Abandon-thread1.gif

That's basically every thread like this. In all honesty, who approaches a thread like this and thinks "Well, this is going to end well." They never do, they're always terrible, it always ends with a bunch of lame ass bullshit. Like there's no point on why these threads exist outside of dramamongering.

Reactions: 3 people

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people was willing to stop bringing console wars into this, the threads could work.After all, all Soulx posted was a comment from one of Sony's higher ups about how the Vita needed to create a clear image of what it is and what it is about.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands