Gaming Gah, help me with a title please.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I went out to gamestop today, just doing a little look around at games for several systems. I came across this DS game that looked interesting to me but have forgotten the name of it!

I remember it wasn't in the regular plastic case, it was actually a nice case, kind of like paper. Probaby a special edition something though. The only thing I can remember about the cover is that it had multiple characters on the cover and some chick with cat ears. x.x;

I thought it started with an 'L', but maybe I'm wrong, considering I can't find it. It also looked like an RPG.

Any ideas?

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the cover is set up close to Luminous Arc, but luminous arc never came in a box like this. It is weird. I can't really explain it that much.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Double post, found it!

Game is called Lunar - Dragon Song. It looked interesting. Definitely a RPG.

Looks like Ubisoft did a bad job in translating it though, haha. The wiki talks about it.

box art that I was talking about:

672px-Lunardragonsongbox.jpg

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say that Lunar: Dragon Song is one of the worst RPGs I have ever played. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Shifty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What a shame. Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue are the best RPG's for the SEGA, and two of the best RPG's for the PS1.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys want a good Lunar game, I highly suggest Lunar: Legend for GBA. Great gfx, awesome music, and a really nice reworking of the original Lunar with a lot of new content. It's really worth checking out if you haven't yet.

Shifty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nah, I'd recommend the original Lunar: Silver Star Story for PS1 by Working Designs any day. Working Designs are one of my favourite publishers when it comes to localization, but since WD wasn't involved with Lunar: Legend, Ubisoft had to remove all the stuff WD made themselves in terms of dialogue (which was bloody amazing).

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shifty said:
Nah, I'd recommend the original Lunar: Silver Star Story for PS1 by Working Designs any day. Working Designs are one of my favourite publishers when it comes to localization, but since WD wasn't involved with Lunar: Legend, Ubisoft had to remove all the stuff WD made themselves in terms of dialogue (which was bloody amazing).

That's not to say that Legend is bad though, and should be tried for someone looking for a new Lunar game, UBI soft or not. Personally many WD translations are full of so many western pop culture references that it becomes somewhat irritating, especially when set in a fantasy world. Localization is one thing, but in some games they took it too far. EB Sega CD for example. The PS1 remakes were awesome though, especially with all those goodies they included. I really miss their instruction manuals too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end