Gah, help me with a title please.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CPhantom, Jan 25, 2009.

Jan 25, 2009
  1. CPhantom
    OP

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    Okay, so I went out to gamestop today, just doing a little look around at games for several systems. I came across this DS game that looked interesting to me but have forgotten the name of it!

I remember it wasn't in the regular plastic case, it was actually a nice case, kind of like paper. Probaby a special edition something though. The only thing I can remember about the cover is that it had multiple characters on the cover and some chick with cat ears. x.x;

I thought it started with an 'L', but maybe I'm wrong, considering I can't find it. It also looked like an RPG.

Any ideas?

2. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    The only ones I can think of is the Luminous arc series :/

3. CPhantom
    OP

United States
    Yeah, the cover is set up close to Luminous Arc, but luminous arc never came in a box like this. It is weird. I can't really explain it that much.

4. CPhantom
    OP

United States
    Double post, found it!

Game is called Lunar - Dragon Song. It looked interesting. Definitely a RPG.

Looks like Ubisoft did a bad job in translating it though, haha. The wiki talks about it.

box art that I was talking about:

[​IMG]

5. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Not a very good game imo. It's better if you cheat so you can RUN all the time, instead of getting fatigued and have to walk slowly...

6. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I remember playing that game and wondering why I was losing health when I moved around.

Too frustrating for words.

7. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I must say that Lunar: Dragon Song is one of the worst RPGs I have ever played. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

8. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    - 1 for Lunar Dragon song from me as well.

9. Shifty

Newcomer Shifty Advanced Member

Norway
    What a shame. Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue are the best RPG's for the SEGA, and two of the best RPG's for the PS1.

10. Goshogun1

United States
    If you guys want a good Lunar game, I highly suggest Lunar: Legend for GBA. Great gfx, awesome music, and a really nice reworking of the original Lunar with a lot of new content. It's really worth checking out if you haven't yet.

11. Shifty

Newcomer Shifty Advanced Member

Norway
    Nah, I'd recommend the original Lunar: Silver Star Story for PS1 by Working Designs any day. Working Designs are one of my favourite publishers when it comes to localization, but since WD wasn't involved with Lunar: Legend, Ubisoft had to remove all the stuff WD made themselves in terms of dialogue (which was bloody amazing).

12. Goshogun1

United States
    That's not to say that Legend is bad though, and should be tried for someone looking for a new Lunar game, UBI soft or not. Personally many WD translations are full of so many western pop culture references that it becomes somewhat irritating, especially when set in a fantasy world. Localization is one thing, but in some games they took it too far. EB Sega CD for example. The PS1 remakes were awesome though, especially with all those goodies they included. I really miss their instruction manuals too.