Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
People got angry because there were malicious codes/viruses present in the first place. The "level" of infection doesn't matter because most people want their computer harm free, so even though it "doesn't do much harm" it still pisses people off.

p5100pc3

Trophies
Website
none
XP
Country
United States
I'm no cheater. but it seemed like a cool program to try out. When I saw the program while I was at work, I was so anxious to get home and try it out. As luck may have it, I just moved in with my girl, and I left my pc and my linker at home. I'm thankful that I read these posts, cuz I might have foolishly downloaded it.

I don't remember who said this, but it seems that ppl have taken apart the coding for the program and saw that it was an intenional infection. The creator of the program claims that someone must have "hacked" the site and messed with the program...but it's strange that no one has come forward saying that the program works with out the unfortunate virus issue. Another thing is, if someone messed with the uploaded program, you're saying that you don't have a backup to upload to see if your allegations are true?

Intentional or not, it doesn't seem like the author of the program will be trusted for a very very very long time. It's sad really, because the idea was not just a good one, but a great one!

Oh and guys....no glove, no love...beware of the ninja
ph34r.gif

Garageboy101

GBAtemp's personal GooK -('.-)
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why dont we just let him get some firewall crap and let him scan his computer and let him do it again ! .... otherwise dont hang me for thinking out of the box! i am young and stupid

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I say most of you got owned big time. Here is a lesson for all you n00bs that did get infected...scan the damn thing after you dl it
sleep.gif
. Luckily I dont use cheats. Anyways dont blame the guy who made it blame the guy who executed the file without checking.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed, I always scan everything I download before I run it, no matter how small it is or what it is. It's worth it. 5 seconds of your time to scan something or many, many hours trying to fix a virus, what would you prefer?
wink.gif

Fair enough some of you might have trusted him though, you weren't to know he'd do something so evil and underhanded, it's dispicable really. But look at him now, he's been exposed for what he is and I hope he (or she) is happy with themself.

J

jadaramiro

I created a good useful tool for you and you flame me because someone broke into my pc or someone broke into kiczek's webserver to do something naughty with it.

Obviously most of you rather want to destroy someone's great work than to support him and find out who actually did this.

but, the majority has spoken and so i say: a big fuck you to you all and i am gone. i wont continue on this tool.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what a fake ass bitch that you are
wacko.gif

dry.gif

S

solarsaturn9

mm looks like this topic turned into a big shitpage VERY BAD GBATEMP!
I think it is very fair for the virus infected people of this board to post hate messages to mondayz about their anger.... they are just taking out frustration, it is kind of pointless, BUT sometimes it does help people to get their anger out. Words are harmless anyway
biggrin.gif

Anyways, once they are done, they will go back to drinking and being merry
laugh.gif

D

Deleted_11405

if i was you mondayz, i should put the big fuck you to us all on your tool every time when it loads or something like that.. should be the best intro ever!
happy.gif

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haha, now THAT's funny!
i never cheat on my games (except for my trained version of contra advance, but that game's just impossible to finish without cheats), but if i would cheat i would have gotten so infected...
i never use virus-programs (i use a firewall though), not because i'm stupid, but i think it takes up way too much RAM and slows down SO much!
i've only had 4 viruses in 5 years on my computer...
the one i'm sitting on now, on the other hand, is my father's, and he didn't have a virus-scanner, so he got shitloads of backdoors, trojans, spybots and viruses, without knowing it... i installed a virus scanner on this computer, and it found SHITLOADS of viruses
biggrin.gif

funny how good you can avoid viruses just by only opening programs from trusted resources
smile.gif

(i would've fallen for this one, though)

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I didn't download this program, but it reminded me I was due for a complete computer virus/crap scan.

Ad-Aware found 152 objects...
Spybot found 11 objects...
CWShredder found 9 objects...

Ever since I upgraded to Windows XP, I've been getting so much crap...

-mrc-

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stop slaping at Mondayz.... He did the same mistake as Kiczek did - Both spreaded a file with a virus.

Does it auto mean that the creater of that tool is the virus-author ?

And is it MondayZ or Kiczeks fault if there are still ppl out wich dont use any Viruskiller or Firewall.

You all talking bullshit - get back to basics.

Maybe i have been spreaded this virus or just YOU ?

Gandalf515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Shady Chocobo, STFU
Ik hate it when other people are called n00bs, you should be online with fun, not to be called names by someone. A n00b is a beginner in something, I got infected, but I'm no beginner when it comes the computer and the firewall stuff and all. I've been on the computer since I was 5, so don't call anyone a f*****g n00b unless they really are
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

The point of being able to surf the internet is trusting people. I trust people to NOT put a virus in the program, and still that backstabber does.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i SCANNED the file with norton with the latest updates and it didnt pick up anything,in fact it didnt pick up anything after the virus had executed so scanning is NOT fullproof
zone alarm on the other hand did pick it up which was how we first discovered it and set to work on ripping it to pieces to find out if it was intentional.
now for the interesting bit...
2 different people who both code using delphi (the language the patcher was wrote in) have both confirmed that it would not of been possible to hack the code after it was compiled because of the way the code was forcing the files to unpack and drop so that means that the virus was compiled into the exe from the source which only mondayz had........

it was quite clever in which it worked too,because it used a hacked version of explorer.exe it didnt even need any registry entries to run because of course explorer.exe has to run each time the pc starts because that loads your desktop
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~