Hacking G6 Lite Problem

Cor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lo all.

Just got my G6 through the post a few hours ago. Ripped open the box and put it into my ds to make sure it was working. I got a screen which said.. "Please waiting . . ."

I waited. Left it for an hour. Nothing happened. Reset the system, again, same message. Left it for another 30 minutes, nothing.

So, I thought it might be a case of updating the loader. I copied the stuff over to the cart (and yes, I connected the cart to the loader before attatching it to the usb, and I used the safely remove windows thing before I took it off), took out the passcard and pushed the a+b+start+select and starting updated. That completed fine, so, I put the passcard back in and reset.

Again, it crashed. I updated again. Same thing. So, I followed the instructions using the format utility tool and started from scratch. Crashed again. I tried formating again, but without using the utility tool, and it stopped crashing at the ds screen, but, the crashing started all over again when I put some games onto the cart. I just tried downgrading to loader 4.3, which didn't fix the problem at all.

I've tried the g6 in two ds lites and a ds, so, I know my machine isn't the problem.

Am I missing something? Or is my G6 faulty and dead?

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it is "crashing" with or without the Passcard (I am assuming 3 and NOT 2), then yes, your G6 may be defective. If it is only when the Passcard is inserted, than it is that, not the G6. If you own a Passcard 2, then that is incompatible.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the sram has problems flushing. If this is a new unit then it sounds defective. Normally when that happens to me I can enter GBA mode to flush sram through that and restart in DS mode fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2