Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

G6 DS Real v.1.2 System Files Released

Just a small fix

g6dsreal.gif
GBAlpha has released the latest updated files. There's a reported bug fix, but again, without a change list, we have no clue what bug there was nor could I find one during my play of v.1.1. Also, don't forget to check out the review of the G6 DS Real from shaunj66 here. In addition, expect a 2nd Opinion Review from yours truly soon.
cool.gif

download.gif
Grab it from the G6 DS Real Homepage or here at GBATemp.

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmm this is making the G6pDS Real look full of bugs.... They are already at version 1.2 while the cart isn't even really released yet and their are no big updates ....

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, having it in-hand, it was no way as rushed as some of the others. It's been working fine since 1.0. 1.1 added a major speed boost, which was quite nice, among other fixes. Besides, I'm not certain why anyone would complain. It's not officially out yet, and they're clearing bugs like they have a tanker truck full of Raid. Be happy about all of this. As for the bug that is mentioned in this update, we still have no idea. Again, I never experienced anything on my end, nor has shaunj66.

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One difference i have noticed from 1.1 to 1.2 is that now it saves the brightness setting so you don't have to adjust it everytime you start the ds. Maybe that was the bug they found.

Still it doesn't remember if you want your files sorted by name, but you can't have it all, can you??

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
All these releases should be classed as beta.
No, beta has the meaning of being to instable for public use.
They could increase the numbers as Revisions instead of Minors, like 1.0.1, 1.0.2 or something for very little changes, but on the other hand, who gives a fuck?

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trust you?  You're only the biggest M3/G6 fanboy in the world...

And you're some rambling child with 4 posts who isn't perhaps using their real username in theory. Grow up.

You two not experiencing it means absolutely nothing.  There is obviously a problem, else they wouldn't have released the fix.

I completely agree. Still, I'd like to know what the bug was, regardless of it being fixed.

QUOTE(masud @ Apr 26 2007, 03:50 PM)One difference i have noticed from 1.1 to 1.2 is that now it saves the brightness setting so you don't have to adjust it everytime you start the ds. Maybe that was the bug they found.

Still it doesn't remember if you want your files sorted by name, but you can't have it all, can you??
It remembered the brightness setting before on my end. Perhaps, you're correct. As for the file sort, yes that's a minor issue. Luckily, you can still use good ol' FATsort. I know some will grumble about it, but it is freeware. I do hope they fix the name sort internally someday.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa