Future for wiigator's backup loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cataphonicdisson, Oct 13, 2008.

Oct 13, 2008
  1. cataphonicdisson
    OP

Newcomer cataphonicdisson Member

Canada
    Works great wiigator, I love it. Good job :3

I've been looking around for a 'project site' or whatever so I can look at potential updates but it seems to be kept pretty quiet. What kind of things do you think we can expect from the app later on... I'm gonna assume a higher compatibility rate but are decreasing load times and possibly playing GC backups also on the table? Is an update something I should be holdin my breath for?

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Wiigator is currently working on a new version with shorter loading times. The speed increase is not enough for the cutscenes to work, but it should make a difference. For compatibility fixes we should probably wait for Gecko OS updates, and it doesn't seem like Nuke is going to update it because of this backup launcher.

3. cataphonicdisson
    OP

Newcomer cataphonicdisson Member

Canada
    Speed increase sounds like a good deal... Reading up on this before I was able to gather that the wii disc drive locks itself at a low speed whenever not reading GC or Wii optical discs, kind of similar to the USB port speed caps (smart nintendo [​IMG] ) so I wonder how he's workin' around that.

And I just did a quick search concerning GeckoOS and nuke, and found all the drama... sorry to hear about all of that. I didn't even realize Nuke's work was involved, heh.

It seems like concerning wii/GC compatibility we're boned then, for the time being. =\

Thanks for a speedy reply Mai