Funny story...

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by drakorex, Nov 24, 2013.

1. drakorex
    OP

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Back story: I've been buying some very nice gifts for the family of my dad's friend because they've been so supportive and great to me in every way since my dad passed away. Among these nice gifts is a 3DS XL. My plan is to switch my 6.x fw XL which has easily $100+ worth of games installed on it (small loss in the long run) with this brand new one from Wal-Mart that has -4.5 fw and gift it.

I went to the pawn shop the other day and found another XL for $140 that was almost brand new, ( a couple little scratches on the back bottom) also -4.5 fw. I thought about gifting this to kid #2 so he didn't have to share/fight with kid#1. Then I thought about it for a while - kid#2 just got an iPad for his birthday the other day, so I'll just hook him up with a bunch of emulators instead. Screw givin him a 3DS on top of all the other cool stuff I already have lined up for him!

Now for the funny part: I went and returned the $140 pawn shop 3DS for $200. And on top of THAT, I found $100 on the floor in front of the customer service desk. BOOYAH!

I just felt like sharing. :D

2. eilan25

eilan25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    Iceland
    Talk about good deeds coming around!
    That 100$ on the floor was really just overkill haha.
    Good for you dude!

3. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Lucky bastard.