Fun smash4 3ds mods for saltysd

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by justinbug2, Apr 24, 2016.

1. justinbug2
    OP

justinbug2 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    Turbo fighters if some one can port this to wii u that would be amazing!

comes with item,fighter,weapon put in root/saltysd/smash then cache it usingcachegen.py wich you can find using google.

UPDATE: bug fixes

Attached Files:

Last edited by justinbug2, May 17, 2016
    Kerouz likes this.
  2. joyoshi

joyoshi ICUP

Oct 9, 2015
    Netherlands
    Shoved up your nose
    Alright, cool. Maybe this does deserve it's own thread. Is this the same file you sent me or is it a fix?

Last edited by joyoshi, Apr 24, 2016
  3. Blazingflare

Blazingflare GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2013
    United States
    I feel that the current OP items are currently just a little too OP. It isn't as much fun when all of the items are basically OHKOs when thrown.
    I think the first set of items you put out in the previous thread hit a much better level of OP.
    That said, I'm still loving them, but I feel they should be tweaked a bit.

The fact that the fairy bottle deals 100% when you throw it is hilarious, but maybe reduce the knockback so it isn't a OHKO below ~40%
    For the star rod, maybe instead of making it a OHKO when thrown, ramp up the hitlag to some absurd amount so the opponent is frozen in the air for a few seconds allowing for a strong attack.
    The fire flower is really amusing to use when an opponent has really high damage (around 250%) because they start just bouncing up and down on the floor. Maybe up the base knockback a bit so it happens sooner? Otherwise, it's perfect.
    The drill and empty drill do way too much damage IMO. ~70% would probably be better.
    I think the rest of the items are perfect as is.

Please don't take this post the wrong way. I really like what you've done so far and I understand if you are happy with how them items currently are and don't want to change them.

4. DesperadoV3

DesperadoV3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    for me alot of the characters aren't changed at all, even if theres a folder for them
    plus kirby is too op
    edit: nvm i forgot to cache, it works fine now

Last edited by DesperadoV3, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Ordim3n

Ordim3n GBAtemp Fan

Dec 14, 2015
    Canada
    Planet earth
    i think that's the same file that he sent you

6. Multi

Multi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    Instead of having the files attached for the SaltySD mods, you should have links to the threads of them that were started by their creator. It would help for ones with github pages incase someone wanted to contribute to them.

7. Ordim3n

Ordim3n GBAtemp Fan

Dec 14, 2015
    Canada
    Planet earth
    I offered him to make a github page but he wanted to do it himself

8. Multi

Multi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    United States
    ? Sm4sh Turbo'd has a githib page here: https://github.com/Mattshark/Sm4sh-TURBO-D

Edit 2: I originally thought this was a list of Smash 3DS mods. I then looked at what happened in the turbo thread. Too bad he just removed all of his work, took it here, then had it as his. I wonder why he chose to affect the project, and by extension, Mattshark, the owner of the project. The people who criticized him adding infinite recoveries were also affected, but not as much.

Last edited by Multi, Apr 27, 2016
    LinkSoraZelda likes this.
  9. justinbug2
    OP

justinbug2 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    this is being updated im unturboing certian moved editing small data and going to turbo mii gunner stay tuned ;)

10. justinbug2
    OP

justinbug2 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    well i finally got alot done so new upload soon i cant figure out whats wrong with yoshi dtilt

11. Yudowat

Yudowat That one guy that shows up occasionally

Jun 12, 2015
    Australia
    dank meme kiddo, looking forwards to dtilting everyone with yoshi