Fully Bricked my Wii 4.3U

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ElementalEnder9, Jun 13, 2017.

1. ElementalEnder9
    OP

ElementalEnder9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    I just started modding on the wii a week ago and I bricked my wii trying to change the theme . I unbricked it with priiloader and bricked it again with another theme a few days later , I tried unbricking it again with priiloader but it wouldn't show the priiloader menu.

Is it possible that I uninstalled priiloader when I unbricked my wii the first time ?

Please help !

Version - 4.3
    Region - USA

Used Mymenuify to apply theme

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If you fixed it the first time by using something to reinstall the system menu then it would have overwritten Priiloader.

Priiloader works by renaming the menu's original main app and replacing it with its own.

3. ElementalEnder9
    OP

ElementalEnder9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    Dammit , is there still hope of unbricking my wii like a disc or somthing ?

4. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    If you have a NAND backup, you could use an Infectus 2 or something like that to restore it via hardware.
    Are you absolutely sure Priiloader doesn't work? Try pressing POWER and RESET at the same time and keep holding the latter for at least 10 seconds.

5. ElementalEnder9
    OP

ElementalEnder9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    Sadly I didnt back it up and I didnt have bootmii to make one

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You could have always installed bootmii as an IOS and backed up your NAND with that. Bootmii wouldn't have offered much brick-protection, but it would have at least given you a NAND backup.

7. Sathya

Sathya never thinking to be smart!

Suspended
    Nov 9, 2016
    Indonesia
    NURANI'S HOME
    I start to brick my wii when i installing forwader channel or wad game channel on my wii with loadstructor. And i fix it with prilloader.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but i think using mymenufy, dosent brick your wii. maybe because you dont have some cios installed to your wii.....

8. ElementalEnder9
    OP

ElementalEnder9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    The following mods I installed :

• d2x cios installer
    • mymenuify
    • USB LoaderGX
    • Priiloader
    • WAD Manager

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I tried pressing Power and Reset simutaineously for 10 secs and it didnt work

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    MyMenufy can absolutely brick consoles. If you install a theme that's for a different version of the system menu you will brick the menu as it can't find its resource files.

You didn't say how you fixed it the first time but if you used something like DOP-Mii you probably reinstalled the system menu, which would fix it but it would also overwrite Priiloader. In order to unbrick it you need to be able to get something to run before the system menu. That requires one of three things: BootMii as boot2, Priiloader installed, or a chipped Wii that can read burn discs and a modified disc set to be autobootable.

Lacius likes this.
  10. ElementalEnder9
    OP

ElementalEnder9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    I unbricked it with Wad Manager by reinstalling the System Menu so Priiloader is gone , I think I installed bootmii as a IOS and I have a chip in my wii , just I don't know what kind

11. JasonH

JasonH Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2016
    United States
    Wiis with broken disc drives are fairly cheap on ebay. If you cant fix the one you have you should look up "Wii For Parts" on ebay and it will bring up some for around 15$. Buy a "Tri Wing Screw driver" on ebay for about 3$ and Open your Bricked Wii, Remove the disc drive, and replace the drive in the purchased Wii.