Homebrew Full Shutdown Channel

Ultratails42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of or think they could easily make an installable channel that upon load would do a full wii shutdown (Red light not orange light)? I know USB Loader GX can do a full shutdown once in the software but wondering if theres just a channel to start and have it shutdown. Or maybe a way to change it so when you power off the wii from the wiimote it does a full shutdown instead of idle shutdown.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why the f*ck are you so lazy that you can't
1.get u off your apparent giant ass
2.lift what you must assume to be the heaviest finger in the world
3.press the power button
4.somehow hold your finger there for a GIANT five whole seconds

i know it seems impossible but with a lot of time and energy drinks you might accomplish the IMPOSSIBLE

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm, I'm not sure if it even works with 4.0. I know it did with 3.2 but I cant seem to find it anymore. I remember it was something like Ignore standby settings on Shutdown. But anyways, it does not force you to do anything. You never see preloader and you would never know it was there unless you hold reset while the system was booting on.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes preloader works with 4.0
and yes it can do a full shut down.

I use preloader to boot into a usbloader. The only time it DOESNT work is when the autoboot program is loaded. If you autoboot into the system menu, or leave the program that autoboots it works fine.

example:
boot into usbloader, (power button) goes into standby with the power button.
boot into usbloader, launch game, (power button) fully shuts down.
boot into usbloader, quit back to system menu, (power button) fully shuts down.

D

Deleted User

ok this was very unnessasry, whos lazy enought to want to get one of these ?
altho this could be cool...
blink.gif
lol JK

Ultratails42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WitoRIT92 said:
ok this was very unnessasry, whos lazy enought to want to get one of these ?
altho this could be cool...
blink.gif
lol JK

Well my Wii is stuck behind a large number of boxes and stuff so I have to lean over things and hold to a wall to be able to press the power button and hold it. So it would be easier to just have a way to do a full shutdown from say a channel or I guess preloader which I will have to look into.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jjc1992 said:
why the f*ck are you so lazy that you can't
1.get u off your apparent giant ass
2.lift what you must assume to be the heaviest finger in the world
3.press the power button
4.somehow hold your finger there for a GIANT five whole seconds

i know it seems impossible but with a lot of time and energy drinks you might accomplish the IMPOSSIBLE

wahhaha hahahahahah!!!!
gbasp.gif

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
ToNoobIsHuman did a /Quit channel that ejects any disks in the drive and powers the Wii off. It's available on the Wadder site: hxxp://wadder.net/downloads/filedownload.php?file=wads/Quit-QUIT.zip

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ultratails42 said:
Does anyone know of or think they could easily make an installable channel that upon load would do a full wii shutdown (Red light not orange light)? I know USB Loader GX can do a full shutdown once in the software but wondering if theres just a channel to start and have it shutdown. Or maybe a way to change it so when you power off the wii from the wiimote it does a full shutdown instead of idle shutdown.
What about just disabling WC24, would that not do the job?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
Ultratails42 said:
What about just disabling WC24, would that not do the job?
Yes, but he wants to also be able to shut down into standby (yellow light) mode with having to constantly change that option.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you disable WC24 you cannot enter the weather or news channels,

and @pandora, the power button on the wiimote shuts down to standby

The-Kevster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ddp127 said:
if you disable WC24 you cannot enter the weather or news channels,

and @pandora, the power button on the wiimote shuts down to standby

Just turn off Standby Connection in the Wii Connect 24 menu. Then there's no standby setting just off and it works from the WiiMote. Good for those of us with USB drives powered from the USB port!!!

Ice God64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jjc1992 said:
Be right back, running to the store so I can harness the energy to turn my Wii off.

Anyway, actually, I supposed this is kinda related; I have Standby mode off on mine completely. Other than updates from Nintendo(lol), what advantages are there to that I can't get from from watching the weather channel and any one of the 99 billion news shows out there? On a side note, I've actually heard standby mode can actually damage your console, which I think is correct, since it gets quite in standby mode and I think I've lost one Wii this way. Can anyone else verify this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo