Full screen games on dual monitors~

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Raiser, Jul 20, 2010.

Jul 20, 2010
  1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Hey guys,

So I just remembered that I could also hook up my old monitor to my computer and so I did.

If I was watching a video or reading a file on my old monitor and ran a full screen game, is there a way to keep doing whatever on my old monitor while running full screen normally on my main monitor?
    At the moment, my old monitor just turns black and the game runs normally on my main monitor.

My card is an ATI HD 4830.

Thanks! (;

2. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    There is a way, at least with Nvidia cards. I am not well versed with ATI. look in the monitor settings for your cards control panel. see if there is something called "Dual View" mode. if there is, that is what you want. Desktop on one monitor, just the background on the second. Drag windows between the two and be happy.

Least, that is how Nvidia cards work. Good luck

3. Raiser
    OP

Canada
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    It's already set up like that. My desktop is on my main, and on my old monitor to the left of it, it's just the background.

However, a full screen game blacks out the old monitor and runs on the main. :\

4. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I have an ATI 4670 and it doesn't do that for me. Second monitor just stays as it was

5. Raiser
    OP

Canada
    Ah, I found the problem.

It seems that it's just Starcraft. I run it and my second monitor turns black. Other full screen games work fine. :s

Oh well, thanks for the input everyone. Problem solved I guess. o.o