Ftpii with USB2 support

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by vladus2000, May 17, 2009.

1. vladus2000
    OP

vladus2000 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    I couldn't find a ftpii that did USB2 support, so I just modded it myself using the USB2 code from Wad Manager 1.4. It requires a cios 249 with USB2 support and will mount as /usb2.

http://rapidshare.com/files/234157896/ftpi...9.USB2.zip.html

I haven't tried running this from usb yet, I just ran it from SD. Let me know if there are any issues.

Enjoy and please mirror,
    -Vladus2000

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  3. joda

joda GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2007
    UmeƄ
    Great job!

Send in the patch to the developer and hopefullt it'll be merged with trunk.

4. benny99

benny99 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    Belgium
    is it possible to see the modifications to the source code for enabling the USB2 partition?

5. ddp127

ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
  6. benny99

benny99 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    Belgium
    this is just the compiled dol for the HBC (thanks anyway for mirroring!)

No one has the USB part source code to post/link?

7. ddp127

ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    this was just what i found in the download, and, as said above, the usb part is from wadmanager 1.4

8. jservs7

jservs7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2008
    I wanted to try this on my Wii on HBC 1.3, but it failed to read my SD card. I saw this on the FTPii Google page:

I believe since 1.3 uses IOS61, that's the reason FTPii won't work for me. Can anyone compile this rev with the USB2 code? [​IMG]

9. illinialex24

illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 26, 2009
    United States
    The Midwest
    Just use WiiSCU and install IOS61, it has no bad affects, and its a great addition. I have a 3.2U Wii with a functioning Wii shop channel and I can play any and every game that has come out so far. I didn't do it by not installing new IOS's.

10. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    I did do that, but the thing is that I believe that 0.19 implemented SDHC functionality using a patch that only worked with IOS60, which was the IOS that HBC used to use. The new HBC uses IOS61. (I of course am not sure of this, but I might be right [​IMG])

Oh, btw, I used WiiSCU to install all IOSs including IOS61.

11. illinialex24

illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 26, 2009
    United States
    The Midwest
    Oh good lol, I dunno, I stood clear of IOS16 and the like.

12. boxstar99

boxstar99 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2008
    United States
    having the same problem. would love a fix

13. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    Has anyone tried compiling 263 yet to at least see if it works with SDHC cards in the latest HBC?

14. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    Well I tried compiling 263 with the latest DevKitPro installer, but I get the following errors when compiling:

CODE> "make"
    reset.c
    dvd.c
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:25:21: warning: fst/fst.h: No such file or directory
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:27:21: warning: iso/iso.h: No such file or directory
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:30:21: warning: wod/wod.h: No such file or directory
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c: In function 'dvd_last_access':
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:49: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ISO9660_LastAccess'
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:49: warning: implicit declaration of function 'WOD_LastAccess'
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:49: warning: implicit declaration of function 'FST_LastAccess'
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c: In function 'check_dvd_mount':
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:82: warning: implicit declaration of function 'WOD_Mount'
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:84: warning: implicit declaration of function 'FST_Mount'
    c:/ftpii/source/dvd.c:86: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ISO9660_Mount'
    pad.c
    net.c
    fs.c
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:26:21: warning: fst/fst.h: No such file or directory
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:27:23: warning: isfs/isfs.h: No such file or directory
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:28:21: warning: iso/iso.h: No such file or directory
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:29:29: warning: nandimg/nandimg.h: No such file or directory
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:40:21: warning: wod/wod.h: No such file or directory
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c: In function 'mount':
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:145: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ISO9660_Mount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:146: warning: implicit declaration of function 'WOD_Mount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:147: warning: implicit declaration of function 'FST_Mount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:156: error: too many arguments to function 'fatMount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:165: warning: implicit declaration of function 'NANDIMG_Mount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:167: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ISFS_Mount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c: In function 'unmount':
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:185: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ISO9660_Unmount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:186: warning: implicit declaration of function 'WOD_Unmount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:187: warning: implicit declaration of function 'FST_Unmount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:193: warning: implicit declaration of function 'NANDIMG_Unmount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:195: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ISFS_Unmount'
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c: In function 'initialise_fs':
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:300: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ISFS_SU'
    make[1]: *** [fs.o] Error 1
    "make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
    > Time Taken: 00:02
    After that error, I tried downloading the missing files to the build folder that was created, but I still get this error:

CODE> "make"
    fs.c
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c: In function 'mount':
    c:/ftpii/source/fs.c:156: error: too many arguments to function 'fatMount'
    make[1]: *** [fs.o] Error 1
    "make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
    > Time Taken: 00:01
    I tried different versions of libfat, tried deleting the build folder when re-compiling and tried different branches from FTPii's site but nada. Anyone have better luck compiling or think they can figure out my prob? [​IMG]

15. BigBolt

BigBolt Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brazil
    does it give really diference from usb1.1 ?
    cause wifi is already low speed transference

16. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    I tried to compile it too, but sadly it's beyond my current experience with things such as DevKitPro. It's too bad, I want that new version too. [​IMG] I'd like to be able to use a cIOS with DVDx that works off of IOS60 with it.

17. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    Can anyone compile this? [​IMG]

18. jservs7

May 14, 2008
    Well I did some testing and now I got USB2.0 and SDHC to work on vladus2000's build. [​IMG] I believe it had something to do with what IOS was used with DVDX. Since the new MPlayer CE 0.7 does not need DVDX installed on cIOS202 anymore, I changed my DVDX IOS to 249 and everything for FTPii worked except the Wii disc filesystem scan with froze my Wii. I have a modchip, so maybe that might work also for those who do not have one.