FSA not extracting files

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BullyWiiPlaza, Oct 24, 2015.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    I'm using TCP Gecko.NET's FSA tab to extract files from the game Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. However, when I right-click a file or folder and choose "extract", it doesn't do anything. Only empty folders are created but no files dumped. It just keeps saying "Ready!" at the bottom of the graphical interface.

[​IMG]

Note that this worked fine on Mario Kart 8 back then when I tried, but not on this game. I'm not sure if this feature broke or Black Ops 2 just isn't supported.

I'm using the (as of now) newest versions of libwiiu and pyGecko as well as the TCP Gecko.NET version by wj44.

Let me know what I can do or try.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza, Jan 1, 2016
  2. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    Every time I've tried to extract anything from BO2 my Wii U always freezes. I've never tried to extract any specific folder, but I haven't had good results in general.

3. TreyTrent

TreyTrent Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    Canada
    Ensure you are connected and are in a static menu in the game, seems to work best. Every game is a bit different and Gecko isn't without bugs. Could explain why there is no loadiine entry in the compatibility doc.

4. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Yeah, I'm in the game's menu looking at the class builder for example. Reading the FSA succeeded though so I guess the menu I'm in is okay.

5. RafaLuigi

RafaLuigi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Mexico
    Mushroom City
    Why I have error dumping the game I did everything and It just give me error extacting files

6. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The