Frustrating

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sonicorochi, May 20, 2010.

May 20, 2010

Frustrating by sonicorochi at 9:15 AM (872 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sonicorochi
    OP

Newcomer sonicorochi Newbie

United States
    Posted this on SC forums as well, but I think I might get a faster reply here.

Hello all,

I'm writing this 'cause I want to believe that someone will come out with some magical solution to my problem (even though I'm 99% sure that it's an unsolvable one).

Here's the thing:
    - Bought an Acekard 2i from DX. DSi didn't recognize it. Neither did the DS Lite;
    - Got a replacement. DSi still didn't recognize it. DS Lite did;
    - Got another one. DS Lite read it but the DSi still couldn't see it;
    - +1 to replacements. Same results;
    - Ordered a Supercard DSOnei from Gamekool. DSi still can't read it. Didn't test on a DS Lite yet. Odds are that it WILL be readable though.
    *sometimes the DSi would read some of the Acekards if I went into camera mode and then return to the main menu, but it would give an error afterwards.

DSi was a 1.2J that I upgraded to 1.4J after getting the SC DSOnei. Weirdly enough, I thought that if I did that and upgraded the firmware of the card it would work. Silly me.

So, yeah, the DSi does read original cards but it simply does not read any flashcard I tried. Anyone got any ideas on what is the problem here? =|

PS.: I did try the paper trick... to no avail. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong? I place the paper on the back of the cart (side where the sticker is) and sometimes fold the paper to see if it might work, but it doesn't.

Thanks for reading.

2. Exaltys

Member Exaltys GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I assume you had one but just in case, did you have a micro SD card for your flashcards?

3. sonicorochi
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I did. lol

But, the DSi should recognize the cart as long as the firmware is installed, right? I thought that the microSD is only read when you actually start the "card".

4. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    Yeah, this is correct. Has the firmware on your card been updated for 1.4?

5. Exaltys

Member Exaltys GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Regardless if the card was upgraded to 1.4, his Lite should have still recognized it.

6. sonicorochi
    OP

United States
    The Lite recognized almost all of the Acekards 2i I tried and will -probably- recognize the SC DSOnei (the card seems legit and upgraded the firmware just fine, etc).

But the DSi simply won't recognize any of those. I wonder how much Nintendo would offer for a DSi that blocks all flashcards naturally... lol

7. sonicorochi
    OP

United States
    Oooooookay...

I just saw a vid on Youtube about paper tricks and he said something like "don't give up". Okay, I decided to try again, this time with a lot more paper. The Acekard 2i worked (well, kinda, since I updated to 1.4 and I don't have a Lite to help me upgrade it.

However, the Supercard's shell makes it kinda impossible to use the paper trick, and even if I put a lot of paper underneath the circuit board, where the contacts are, it just won't bend in the right places.

So, I used half of the SC's shell (sticker part) and half of the Acekard's shell (microSD cut part). It worked, but it looks UGLY AS HELL. Plus, the MicroSD reader are on opposite sides, so if I have to transfer some data to my PC I'll have to take it apart, take the microSD out and then transfer.

So, yeah, just a case of extreme bad contact with my DSi, but... anyone knows how to use a lot of paper with SC's shell? It would really help me now. lol