Froot Loops

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My cereal addiction is well known but I can not stand the vast majority of American breakfast cereals. Indeed after about two months there I was looking around for diet cereals just to avoid the sugar (most of the ones I found tasted like eating twigs). Should someone have been wandering around with a box of weetabix or malt wheats they would have probably been mugged for it.

I have seen this fruit/froot loops thing first hand though and having had the dubious pleasure of sampling such a thing I still have no idea why people go nuts for it. We have a decent import shop where I am at right now and even when the exchange rate was 2 to 1 (looking at around £10 for a smaller box) they were still selling or if someone is heading stateside that is one of the main requests for "anything you want me to pick up?". In some ways it is almost in booze cruise territory.

Mountain dew I can pass up quite happily but grape soda is another thing entirely.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
FAST6191 said:
My cereal addiction is well known but I can not stand the vast majority of American breakfast cereals. Indeed after about two months there I was looking around for diet cereals just to avoid the sugar (most of the ones I found tasted like eating twigs). Should someone have been wandering around with a box of weetabix or malt wheats they would have probably been mugged for it.

I have seen this fruit/froot loops thing first hand though and having had the dubious pleasure of sampling such a thing I still have no idea why people go nuts for it. We have a decent import shop where I am at right now and even when the exchange rate was 2 to 1 (looking at around £10 for a smaller box) they were still selling or if someone is heading stateside that is one of the main requests for "anything you want me to pick up?". In some ways it is almost in booze cruise territory.

Mountain dew I can pass up quite happily but grape soda is another thing entirely.

If you're going to go for grape soda, go for Welch's or Tropicana Twister. YUM!

giratina16

Born This Way
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's strange over here Welch's only sell grape juice and other fruit juices. My friend is going to Texas soon for holiday/vacation and she said she will buy me a box of Froot Loops.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've only ever seen welch's juice as well.
Though when we got Welch's grape juice it tasted like someone had already drank the juice and vomited it back into the bottle.

Dunno if they changed what it tastes like these days though >_> That was a few years ago.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Hells Malice said:
Though when we got Welch's grape juice it tasted like someone had already drank the juice and vomited it back into the bottle.

Dunno if they changed what it tastes like these days though >_> That was a few years ago.

D00012.jpg

and yes, Welch's juice still tastes like shit.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
Hells Malice said:

D00012.jpg

LIES!

Welch's Grape Juice is perhaps my favourite drink.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
_Chaz_ said:
dudeonline said:
Hells Malice said:

D00012.jpg

LIES!

Welch's Grape Juice is perhaps my favourite drink.

bah! Great VALUE (WAL MART) makes better juice than welchs.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Wow. A digital food fight? Awesomeness! Now I've seen everything!

I don't mind Welch's grape juice. I'm just not used to pure, unadulterated juice, you know? Usually it's got other stuff in it to Americanize the flavor.
biggrin.gif

Fruit Loops, however, are definitely a split-sided affair. I myself don't care for them. They taste more or less like the sweetness was put at a higher priority than the fruit taste. Also, they get very soggy very quickly, which is a pet peeve of mine. Once again, it's all down to personal preference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Y
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Y @ yqw: someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?