From WAD to WUP

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody. I hope this makes sense, and sorry if it doesn't (still a newbie here ! :P).

I have an old WAD file from my Wii period 12 years ago. It's "World of Goo" (PAL version).

I'd like to play it again on my Wii U, but I don't have any "raw Wii games" stored. All my Wii games have been injected (via TeconMoon's injector) in order to store them as "Wii U games" on the same USB hard drive as my real Wii U games (with WUP installer of course). Of course I can't store any "raw Wii games" on the same hard drive (nor do I want to).

Hence my question. Using my Windows PC, would it be possible to go "from WAD to WUP" ? Then I'd only have to store the resulting folder on my SD and install it with WUP Installer.

Or maybe there's a WBFS (or equivalent) of that game somewhere, but I don't know where to find it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess that settles it. :rolleyes:
How about installing it to NAND as a Wii game ? Have a better idea maybe ?
I mean, the WAD is only 44 MB, so...

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't do exactly what you're looking for, especially since it's a WiiWare title, however, you can create a WUP format Wiiware forwarder for the Wii U menu, in order to do so, you have to install the Wiiware .wad directly to your vWii home menu, it can not be on emunand or the vWii SD Card menu, and then you can use TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector and choose the option to create a vWii NAND Title Launcher at the top, and put in the 4-letter title ID of the Wiiware .wad installed to your vWii home menu. Create the installable file, with icons and banners and all that, and then install it to your Wii U menu, and when you launch it from there, it will forward directly into the vWii wiiware title.

Select titles can make use of the GamePad as a controller as well, I have Mega Man 9 and 10 installed to my Wii U menu, both able to be played directly on the GamePad with the GamePad, if I choose to play with it.

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I get it. :) So the Title Launcher would be like an alias/shortcut/forwarder to the real game that would be in the vWii home menu, stored in NAND. I hope I'm not missing anything.

Now I only need to know how to install the WAD directly to my VWii home menu. Baby steps, lol.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I get it. :) So the Title Launcher would be like an alias/shortcut/forwarder to the real game that would be in the vWii home menu, stored in NAND. I hope I'm not missing anything.

Now I only need to know how to install the WAD directly to my VWii home menu. Baby steps, lol.
Yup, that's it exactly, it's a few extra silly steps, but the illusion of it being a game launching directly from your Wii U menu is retained in doing so.

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WIth that said, I have just read this : "only use/install vWii formatted wads on the vWii or risk bricking".
Obviously my wad isn't "vWii formatted" since it's an old Wii game.
My modded Wii U works fine as it is. I don't want to risk bricking for just one small additional game...

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WIth that said, I have just read this : "only use/install vWii formatted wads on the vWii or risk bricking".
Obviously my wad isn't "vWii formatted" since it's an old Wii game.
My modded Wii U works fine as it is. I don't want to risk bricking for just one small additional game...
No, you don't have to worry about that when it comes to wiiware .wads. vWii formatted wads are for homebrew and I believe system apps. Wiiware and Virtual Console games are fine to save to the vWii as the standard Wii .wads that they are.

Reactions: WiiFanAix

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are fine with a legit .wad file. Just don't use cios or app wads designed for Wii.

Nvm. that, I Just saw the previous post haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: