Hardware Friend's computer not detecting AIO cooler in BIOS.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. Me and my friend have been working on his computer for a while. He had it built not too long ago (Summer 2017), but oddly enough, the BIOS doesn't seem to detect the liquid cooling solution he has in place. It says "N/A" next to the AIO in the BIOS. We updated the BIOS to the most recent version successfully, but the problem persists.

Here's the specs...

CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz 36 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-17-17-35)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF Z270 MARK 2 (LGA1151) 31 °C
Graphics
U28E590 (3840x2160@30Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (NVIDIA) 53 °C
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB (SSD) 38 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA) 38 °C
232GB Seagate FreeAgent Go USB Device (SSD)

Enermax LIQMAX II 240 Liquid CPU AIO CPU Cooler (Speccy doesn't see it, so I posted it individually.)

Do you guys happen to know what the source of the problem might be? His CPU and GPU are running rather hot just playing one game (Just Cause 3), with his CPU running at half temperature and his GPU running at 3/4ths temperature.

Thanks in advance for your help!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean "not detected in bios?"... It should present exactly the same as any other CPU cooler would, supposing it plugs into the CPU fan header. Can you snap a picture of what you think is wrong and post it?

Also, an AIO shouldn't affect the temps of the GPU AT ALL, unless they're running something like the EK Aluminum kits, but that's technically not an AIO

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o5xfX

What I'm noticing in particular is that it says "N/A" next to the AIO section.

https://imgur.com/a/o5xfX

o5xfX

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o5xfX

What I'm noticing in particular is that it says "N/A" next to the AIO section.

https://imgur.com/a/o5xfX

o5xfX
Ok, see if there's a special AIO header anywhere around the CPU socket, or maybe towards the bottom or right side of the board. Functionally I doubt it'd be any different than the CPU fan header, but I guess if it exists then use it

Shouldn't really make a different in temps, though, unless there's some sort of special power curve the AIO setting uses. Assuming he can hear the pump running (indicating that it's at least letting liquid flow), I can almost guarantee they will be identical either way. If your friend thinks they're high for the game he's playing, you might want to remove the AIO from the CPU, wipe both the contact plate and CPU down, and re-apply (better) thermal paste

Edit: Also, unrelated, but I don't think that the RAM sticks are in the correct slots. Have him check the manual and make sure they're installed in the correct order, and have him turn on XMP as well

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Reactions: lampdemon

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, see if there's a special AIO header anywhere around the CPU socket, or maybe towards the bottom or right side of the board. Functionally I doubt it'd be any different than the CPU fan header, but I guess if it exists then use it

Shouldn't really make a different in temps, though, unless there's some sort of special power curve the AIO setting uses. Assuming he can hear the pump running (indicating that it's at least letting liquid flow), I can almost guarantee they will be identical either way. If your friend thinks they're high for the game he's playing, you might want to remove the AIO from the CPU, wipe both the contact plate and CPU down, and re-apply (better) thermal paste

Edit: Also, unrelated, but I don't think that the RAM sticks are in the correct slots. Have him check the manual and make sure they're installed in the correct order, and have him turn on XMP as well

Well, he says he does hear the pump operating, so maybe it's just configured in an odd way.

When I turned on XMP, saved and exited, it gave a fan error and wouldn't boot to Windows. This had happened before, so I knew what to do and turned the fan speed monitoring off. The rest of the settings involved with XMP work fine after I turned the CPU Fan Speed to "Ignore" instead of "Monitor", though.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really know how that detection works, if its only for ones that connect via usb for software control
there are also switches on the fan them selves to change the rpm

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Retik

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, he says he does hear the pump operating, so maybe it's just configured in an odd way.

When I turned on XMP, saved and exited, it gave a fan error and wouldn't boot to Windows. This had happened before, so I knew what to do and turned the fan speed monitoring off. The rest of the settings involved with XMP work fine after I turned the CPU Fan Speed to "Ignore" instead of "Monitor", though.
Do did it work because I have the same Problem my Computer shows for the AIO N/A
my build is:
i7 7700k (CPU)
Asus strix Z270F Gaming (Motherboard)
GTX 1080 Ti (GPU)
Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 (AOI Cooler)
I don't know what to do I already opend it and cleaned it but it still shows up 90 to 100 °C and I also put new thermal paste. And when I'm trying to start the Computer it shows "CPU OVERHEAT ERROR" I don't know what to do I need Help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1