Friend List Broken After A9LH installation

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SmugNipa, Oct 19, 2016.

1. SmugNipa
    OP

SmugNipa Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    United States
    I finally installed A9LH and I tried to register a friend on my friend list shortly after but the screen just froze on the boot up of the Friend List. Is there anyway to fix this?

2. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    Are you on 11.1? I remember the friends module being updated a while ago.

3. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Wow nip, you couldve come to me you dingus. Are any other system applications broken? Have you created a mii? Youve maybe got a case of the franken firmware, if so, yall know the drill

Last edited by Robfozz, Oct 19, 2016
  4. SmugNipa
    OP

SmugNipa Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    United States
    Rob wew. I didnt expect to see you here. What did I screw up my man?

5. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    I remember that was a bug on an older version of luma are you on the latest version?

6. SmugNipa
    OP

SmugNipa Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2016
    United States
    I am on the latest version. I think it's 6.3.1

Returnofganon likes this.
  7. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    You need to wait a few mins for it to load up, this issue has occurred before with alot of users, I'd suggest you leaving it to load for a good 15-20 mins (should load around that many mins or less) and it should be good. If it still doesn't load after 15-20 mins, then you have a serious problem.

logg and 4gionz like this.
  8. logg

logg GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    I have to say I was not expecting this to work, but sure enough, after about 10 minutes of waiting, cheerful music started up and an error telling me to go make a Mii appeared. Latest 6.3.1 luma, finally got around to getting off Gateway emunand after my sd card failed.

Mii creation was a bit buggy too. When I took a picture to create a new Mii, it lists photos of alternative pre-generated Miis that you can select from. The previews for all the possible precreated from picture alternatives were just arrays of random bright dots until it got about 4 suggestions in, and then the suggestion previews were just blank.

After Mii creation and waiting that first time though, Friend List works fine.

Posghetti likes this.