1. Ttm3

OP Ttm3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know I read of someone else with this problem but I couldn't find the thread.
    Switch keeps burning the m92. I've replaced it 5 times. It only does it with a dead battery when I plug in the official Nintendo charger.

If I use a slow 5 volt charger it will charge all the way up. Also if the battery isn't dead it will work fine with the Nintendo charger.
    The ESD on the flip side of the board was shorting out so I pulled it but it made no difference.
    When it's charged it works near flawless. Docks just fine, wifi works. The only other weird thing it does is it's slow to wake up if it's been asleep for an hour or so.
    Any thoughts?

2. Ttm3

OP Ttm3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    changed bq24193 also. No change.

3. testerfan

testerfan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you ever figure out what was causing m92 chips to burn out when attempting to charge a dead battery on that system? I have the Switch with the same issue

4. Ttm3

OP Ttm3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nope. I put it on a shelf for a rainy day

5. testerfan

testerfan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok, I think I solved this once about a year ago by replacing the WLCSP-20 package on the other side (marked "EN" below the Audio IC), though not exactly sure (was replacing a lot of things), but don't have donor boards that have this chip and can't order it, since nobody knows what it is. Was wondering if you tried replacing that chip, and if that's actually the culprit here (wanted to confirm)

6. Pintglass

Pintglass GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The IC is a buck/boost dc/dc converter for the 3V3 rail.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - multiple, m92t36, Fried