Hacking Freestyle Home Blank

eapius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Hello everyone. Nice to be here.

I got a modded xbox 360 slim last Saturday. The console game with Freestyle dash installed and I am able to play the games store on it by the previous owner. However, when I press the green box button and attempt to return to Freestyle Home from a Game, I get a dark blank screen. I am a total newbies in box modding, somebody help.

Thanks.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd suggest reading through this thread.

It'll familiarise you with the more inner workings of FSD.
The guide is largely up to date, the tools provided on the ISO can easily be replaced by downloading the latest versions off off the web and just running it from a FAT32 USB drive.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like an issue with dashlaunch or the hdd. that's what will make the system go into FSD by default even if exiting a game.

Reactions: eapius

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
sounds like an issue with dashlaunch or the hdd. that's what will make the system go into FSD by default even if exiting a game.

Likely a dashlaunch issue.
Easy to fix by getting the latest dashlaunch and setting the default path to your freestyle dash default.xex

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Likely a dashlaunch issue.
Easy to fix by getting the latest dashlaunch and setting the default path to your freestyle dash default.xex

I guess it might depend on if FSD is booting at startup. that's why I suggested a hard drive problem as an alternative.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I might suggest just reflashing a nand image with dashlaunch injected into it. there's a bug with dashlaunch if you install it separately that causes it to freeze. it's a known issue that afaik hasn't been addressed. it won't hurt the system, but you'll have to power off hard wise instead of exiting via the guide. several people mentioned it on psx place after I mentioned the bug. it's due to patch with the app itself having been forgotten about when finishing the patches and telling you everything is okay. it won't hurt the system if you install dashlaunch separately, just be prepared for that possibility.

eapius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I'd suggest reading through this thread.

It'll familiarise you with the more inner workings of FSD.
The guide is largely up to date, the tools provided on the ISO can easily be replaced by downloading the latest versions off off the web and just running it from a FAT32 USB drive.
Thanks for the link. I have read through the page.

I guess it might depend on if FSD is booting at startup. that's why I suggested a hard drive problem as an alternative.

I might suggest just reflashing a nand image with dashlaunch injected into it. there's a bug with dashlaunch if you install it separately that causes it to freeze. it's a known issue that afaik hasn't been addressed. it won't hurt the system, but you'll have to power off hard wise instead of exiting via the guide. several people mentioned it on psx place after I mentioned the bug. it's due to patch with the app itself having been forgotten about when finishing the patches and telling you everything is okay. it won't hurt the system if you install dashlaunch separately, just be prepared for that possibility.
My 360 boots to FSD without any issue. I am able to play all the games installed by the previous owner of the console.

Reactions: godreborn

eapius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Issue resolved. I am able to jump from a game to the Home screen after changing the freestyle skin to default.

Last edited by eapius,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's actually why I always use the default skin. a few times, certain sections of FSD would be absent with other skins. you usually have to have the same FSD version (i.e FSD 2.2.1032 or whatever) same as skin version to prevent issues.

Reactions: eapius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy