Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Disclaimer: I KNOW is against the rules to ask for software here.
I'm not asking you for links to pirated software or ilegal stuff.

So, I lost my Video Editing Software... was WonderShare Filmora.
Now I'm looking for free-open sourced alternatives.
I just want to be able to edit the speed of my videos, and paste multiple videos at once.
Also, adding audio tracks and "cool" and "neat" and "amazing" filters on the start and the end of the video.
According to THIS site, these are my options.
Which one is the best?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I just want to be able to edit the speed of my videos, and paste multiple videos at once.
Also, adding audio tracks and "cool" and "neat" and "amazing" filters on the start and the end of the video.
Which one is the best?
I made do with Windows Movie Maker (the pre-Live version) and it was fine, the Live Essentials version sucks though.
But really I don't think any of the free ones are much good. Adobe Premiere is probably about as good as you're gonna get on a Windows box so I'd suggest just finding a copy of Adobe CC 2018 somewhere.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I made do with Windows Movie Maker (the pre-Live version) and it was fine, the Live Essentials version sucks though.
But really I don't think any of the free ones are much good. Adobe Premiere is probably about as good as you're gonna get on a Windows box so I'd suggest just finding a copy of Adobe CC 2018 somewhere.
:mellow:
Really? Do they even fail at the most basic tasks?

I guess... you're right.
Will try to find Adobe elsewhere. :ph34r::ninja:
Thanks.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually, the free version of DaVinci Resolve is very good for simple videos and offers a lot, BUT requires a lot of processing power (CPU and especially GPU).

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually, the free version of DaVinci Resolve is very good for simple videos and offers a lot, BUT requires a lot of processing power (CPU and especially GPU).
Yesterday tried that one, but it asked me for a licence.
Did I downloaded a "Pro" version instead?

I have a decent hardware, so I guess I'll try it again.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, as any good video editing do, like Premiere.
It's always a requirement to have at least a strong i5, or a i7 with 16gb of RAM and a GTX x60 series (960/1060) to get the best results of your Video editing software if you do real video editing.

Djidane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I personally use VSDC (Free video editor). There is a lot of options, good enough if you are able to use it. (may be odd to handle at first)
A paid version exist for filters and more advanced stuff but I'm ok with what I got with the free version.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I personally use VSDC (Free video editor). There is a lot of options, good enough if you are able to use it. (may be odd to handle at first)
A paid version exist for filters and more advanced stuff but I'm ok with what I got with the free version.
As long as it allows me to speed up the video, add audio and pictures and export it at 720 it'll do for me.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yesterday tried that one, but it asked me for a licence.
Did I downloaded a "Pro" version instead?

I have a decent hardware, so I guess I'll try it again.
The free one is the regular v14, not the "Studio" one. Just heads up.

Well, as any good video editing do, like Premiere.
It's always a requirement to have at least a strong i5, or a i7 with 16gb of RAM and a GTX x60 series (960/1060) to get the best results of your Video editing software if you do real video editing.
Not really, 16GBs is an overkill for running anything besides hologram projections (which needs 14GBs). At MOST you will need like 6-7GBs for video editing. And any card that can handle parallel processing is great, not necessarily a high end.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, sorry to bother...
DaVinci Resolve is asking me to install its own Audio Drivers...
Are they really needed to be installed? Or I can skip this step? Does anyone knows about this?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As ever my weapon of choice for video editing is http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page
Nobody seems to want to learn it though so I will just have to continue having a great time by myself.

For a basic chop it around affair I think we are still pointing at
http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Aimed more at linux but beta windows is now avaliable
https://kdenlive.org/download/

Similarly aimed at linux originally but no branching outside it
https://www.openshot.org/

And finally
https://www.lwks.com/
One of those nipping at the heels of adobe, apple, sony et al type softwares but without the mindshare to properly charge.

Other than maybe the last then none of those are hobbled by codec, resolution or anything like that.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Which one is the best?
use open shot

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As ever my weapon of choice for video editing is http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page
Nobody seems to want to learn it though so I will just have to continue having a great time by myself.

Other than maybe the last then none of those are hobbled by codec, resolution or anything like that.
All non quoted options are discarded as I run Windows 10.
Will the one you're using be enough to make simple edit?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

use open shot

I used VSDC and DaVinci Resolve.
VSDC didn't opened my videos in any format. Not sure if it was MY mistake or what.
DaVinci Resolve fucking disgraced my laptop. Since I installed it, my lap lagged a lot. Even when starting up.
Ended deleting both of them.
I was thinking in trying OpenShot.
I miss WonderShare Filmora though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
avidemux does not do windows 10? I know some of the others are beta software I thought that would handle it.

Anyway yes you can do basic edits with avisynth. It is a script based affair so you will still have to make a script ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/be-a-great-video-maker-and-replicate-this-video-effect.360509/ ), though being a basic function it will be something like
Code:
a=directshowsource("blah0.mp4").trim(framestart,framend)
b=directshowsource("blah1.mp4").trim(framestart,framend)
c=directshowsource("blah2.mp4").trim(framestart,framend)
a+b+c

Trimming a chunk out of the middle of b is also easy
rather than .trim on the b clip
leave it out and it will be something like
the previous
the final video you call then ends up being something like
a+b.trim(framefirstpart,framefirstpartend)+b.trim(secondpart,secondpartend)+c

Or if it is really complex you can make another clip and add all the complexity into that
bmod=b.trim(framefirstpart,framefirstpartend)+b.trim(secondpart,secondpartend)+b.trim(thirdpart,thirdpartend)+b.trim(fourthpart,secondpartend)+b.trim(fifthpart,fifthpartend)
calling in the end
a+bmod+c

Feed that to anything which takes avisynth input (I like megui myself, https://sourceforge.net/projects/megui/ but there are lots, indeed most non adobe/sony/apple things will take it and even those can be persuaded to do so if you really want) and it will spit out the output.

It is frame accurate so you will want frame numbers, I usually just feed it to something like virtualdub and use its frame number in the bottom status bar. You have the script as well so want to change some numbers and it is all right here. If a and c are your intro and credits or whatever then you have the basis for a quick way to tart up your videos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs