Porky754

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH]

I recently changed from rxtools to luma and then updated the emunand to 11.0 (I don't have a9lh) and for some reason the games I installed as cia are completely free, like I've bought them.
Now, that's bad for me, since I used to buy the games I liked (I discovered that because I was going to buy xenoblade, but discovered that it was free, like I've already bought it)
Now, that happens with EVERY game I installed as cia, both the ones that are still installed and the ones I've unisntalled time ago.
The games still installed have the "update" button instead of the one for purchase, the uninstalled ones have the "download it again" button, exactly like the ones I've bought in the past.
If I try to "update" a game already installed, the eshop starts the download of the full game, but give an error after a bit. If I try to install a game that I don't have anymore (previously installed as .cia) through the "download it again", the eshop will download the game exactly like I've bought it. The same happens if I try to uninstall a game installed as cia and redownload it (the download it again button will replace the update one)
After "redownload" a game, it will be even added to the "redownloadable softwares"!

Why is that?

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is because when you install a .CIA file a ticket for that file is created on your device, that ticket tells the eShop that you've purchased the game on that device (even though you haven't) so the eShop assumes you legitimately bought it and treats it like a legitimately bought game.

Porky754

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is because when you install a .CIA file a ticket for that file is created on your device, that ticket tells the eShop that you've purchased the game on that device (even though you haven't) so the eShop assumes you legitimately bought it and treats it like a legitimately bought game.
But that never happened before, and actually seems really strange..
Now, except for the games that I tried to redownload and that appear in the "redownloadable softwares" because I think that now are associated to my account, can I remove the tickets?

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
But that never happened before, and actually seems really strange..
Now, except for the games that I tried to redownload and that appear in the "redownloadable softwares" because I think that now are associated to my account, can I remove the tickets?
If you remove the ticket the option to redownload the game should disappear, however if the game is installed when you remove the ticket then that game won't launch anymore, also games you install as CIA's don't get tied to your account

Reactions: MelonGx

Porky754

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you remove the ticket the option to redownload the game should disappear, however if the game is installed when you remove the ticket then that game won't launch anymore, also games you install as CIA's don't get tied to your account
Ok good to know, thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0