Free Cheat Help Thread

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Zetta_x, Jun 28, 2010.

Jun 28, 2010

Free Cheat Help Thread by Zetta_x at 5:35 AM (1,041 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Zetta_x
    OP

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    With the addition of free cheat to the DS two, no doubt many users who have not had any experience in doing such of thing has had questions. This thread is to not only encourage users to participate in using the free cheat feature, but request help to finding some codes from experienced members.

Here are a few things I wrote up a while ago in regards to this topic:

<b>Introduction to Binary</b>
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

<b>Hexidecimal and converting binary to hexidecimal</b>

<b>Now onto the training</b> (This guide was made for Datel training toolkit, ignore any thing not on the SCDS2!)

<b>Different Data Types</b>

Let us know if you have any questions about free cheat. Like I said, I re-wrote most of my guide I created a while ago for Datel Training toolkit (which is a bit more advanced then SCDS2 but less advanced then some other training software) so ignore any misconceptions!

Thanks in advance,
    Z

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    All the training you need is just following the tutorial in Cheat Engine, but still a good guide.

Though, why was binary/hexidecimal needed? Hexidecimal will only be used for the address names in Free Cheat. I suppose they do need it to know which type to search, but you could easily just tell them the max size for each instead of going through the lengthy and confusing process of teaching new number systems (it's for noobs to make cheats, so they really don't need to know the in depth knowledge just the basic stuff, i.e. the max values for each type).

Also:

"Otherwise, decimal numbers are rounded towards the nearest whole number (correct me if I am wrong)."

I think it just rounds down (in other words, it just drops the decimal data and keeps the whole number). That's how it is in most C based languages (and I would assume NDS games are coded in C++).

3. Zetta_x
    OP

United States
    I wrote this guide like 4 years ago when I started a group that used datel training toolkit. The software end of the training toolkit was a bit more advanced then what we see for the SuperCard DS 2. Plus, I think everyone should know hexidecimal and binary, that's ultimately how the game processes values and it is good background information before proceeding to training. It was required to know hexidecimal to use datel's training toolkit if you really wanted to get anywhere.

While there is a guide on how to use the DS two software, no where in the guide tells people how to create moonjump codes, how to do level selects for specific games, what values to look for especially with values not explicitly seen. This thread sort of extends to people who get stuck trying to find a code in a specific game

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Well, if you have a bit of smarts, binary-hexadecimal conversion is not hard at all, you only need to exercise a bit and you'll be able to do it before you even know!

Anyways, nice guide overall, I hope to see more of you! [​IMG]

5. Zetta_x
    OP

United States
    Thanks! I have enjoyed creating NES, SNES, N64, Gameboy advance, Gamecube, DS, and Wii codes since I was like 12 haha. Especially the older NES games, they are limited to one byte values per address, it is amazing how they are able to bypass some of the limiting values. It's even more amazing to exploit their setup. For example, the original Final Fantasy, they have multi-addresses for experience. If you create the code right, it's possible to get chunks of 256 experience per experience gained. So a monster giving 4 experience ultimately gives 1024 experience. Similarly, it's possible to do the same thing but with multipliers of 65535. It works similar to the New Super Mario game on the DS with coins. If you freeze the value at 99, every coin you get will get an extra life. But if you freeze it at 98, you will never see an extra life.

I have created hundreds of codes for hundreds of games. I posted some only a marginal of them on gecko codes (I wish I posted more because my entire cheat database was on a harddrive that was fried in a power outage). I do it for fun though, I don't usually share anything I make. A lot of the times, it's to exploit the game too from a non cheating perspective. For example, in the original zelda game, every floor of any dungeon (even the world map) works on a coordinate system. Using a real time cheat engine, it's super easy to teleport any place in the game, in any dungeon in any square on the map. I nearly developed a code that lets you walk across water using the raft exploit. Lots of bugs and wasn't getting desired results. I was able to access areas in the game that were not meant to be accessed and it's very strange how the developers developed that part of the game.

Cheating is more then simply having advantages, you can use it to access parts of the game that have never had any intentions of reaching. It's all interesting stuff.

I just finished a number of codes for Megaman Zero collection for Zero4. Two of the codes are always charged up and the boss has no invincible timer (when they get hit, you don't need to wait until you can hit them again). When you have the buster equipped (not the saber or grab because that keeps you from moving), you are continuously firing fast charged shots (but you are limited to 3-4 bullets per screen, I can probably find an address that contols that) and you can pwn the bosses with those combination of cheats. I want to find a multi-jump code, maybe a code that emulates the affects of the equipment without having to equipment. It would be possible to have all of the effects of the armor on at the same time. Really fun stuff!

6. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Hmmm... maybe you could make a tutorial on that...? I'd like to try something advanced like that too, however, I never got really far.

7. Zetta_x
    OP

United States
    I was thinking about making a quick tutorial using a specific game. I will do some of the harder cheats, ones that do not have values that are explicitly seen, and what you want to think and assume when you try making these cheats.

The key to making cheats is to make assumptions, you want to guess how the game handles these values and act accordingly to narrow down the addresses. Maybe I'll find a random popular DS game to do it. The training software on the SCDS2 is actually really basic, I do not have as much to conquer codes but shouldn't be too much longer/harder to figure stuff out

8. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I think I'd rather use an emulator to find advanced cheats such as moonjump and level select.

9. Zetta_x
    OP

United States
    Heck yeah, the super card has an extremely basic functions. I'll totally release a guide soon on what the basic thought process is when making codes and what kind of assumptions you want to make.