Hacking FPGA Test FAIL.. help

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what does that error mean? i just read about holding the L button loading on ds profile to get into flashcart options to backup my nand, tried a diagnostics test, and getting FPGA Test Fail.

This is a 3dsLink btw on v3.0

My 3ds is working perfectly and doesnt give me any problems with the flashcart. Does anyone know what that error means, if its normal or anything?

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so, this means its actually just a cosmetic thing? as i said, my 3ds is working perfectly with 3dslink on 4.3. lol, i got surprised when i stumbled on this menu by accident.
So, classic mode is sysnand, and gwmode is emunand, am i correct?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so, this means its actually just a cosmetic thing? as i said, my 3ds is working perfectly with 3dslink on 4.3. lol, i got surprised when i stumbled on this menu by accident.
So, classic mode is sysnand, and gwmode is emunand, am i correct?

No, it depends on whether you have done the emuNAND partition or not.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ah, thanks. sounding dumb but, the emunand partition is made by choosing format emunand correct?

Yes, but you first back up your NAND. Follow this guide:

Notes: If you change the language of your system, you'll need to reactivate GW DS profile hack through their NDS ROM (Blue GW).

Also note that this guide was made assuming that the system had already a registered hostpot before doing the EmuNAND partition

1: Ensure the 3DS SD card has more than 1GB of free space.
2. Back up NAND and wait almost 1 hour (after this enter to GW mode, it may fail, but this doesn't matter)
3. Copy all files from SD card to PC.
4. Select "Prepare EmuNAND" option and wait almost 30 minutes (after this enter to GW mode, it may fail, but this doesn't matter)
5. Delete every file visible on the SD card and copy the backed up files to the SD card (except NAND.bin).
6. Without booting GW's hack, go to System Settings and delete all Internet settings (optional: also change the 3DS language to a foreign language); then exit to the main menu
7. Boot GW mode, verify that Internet settings are intact on emuNAND (as well as the original language).
8. Reboot the console.
(Optional and preventive). Double check that Internet settings are actually deleted from the actual NAND .
9. Boot GW mode, go to System Settings, check for the letters GW3D on there and go straight to System Update.
10. Enjoy the latest 3DS firmware.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Notes: If you change the language of your system, you'll need to reactivate GW DS profile hack through their NDS ROM (Blue GW).

Also note that this guide was made assuming that the system had already a registered hostpot before doing the EmuNAND partition

2. Back up NAND and wait almost 1 hour (after this enter to GW mode, it may fail, but this doesn't matter)
4. Select "Prepare EmuNAND" option and wait almost 30 minutes (after this enter to GW mode, it may fail, but this doesn't matter)
5. Delete every file visible on the SD card and copy the backed up files to the SD card (except NAND.bin).
6. Without booting GW's hack, go to System Settings and delete all Internet settings (optional: also change the 3DS language to a foreign language); then exit to the main menu
7. Boot GW mode, verify that Internet settings are intact on emuNAND (as well as the original language).
8. Reboot the console.
(Optional and preventive). Double check that Internet settings are actually deleted from the actual NAND .
9. Boot GW mode, go to System Settings, check for the letters GW3D on there and go straight to System Update.

thanks for your last help, this will be my last cry for help.
I already backed up nand, got a 976,896 kb file (954mb) , backed it up to my PC. now, remember this is a 3dslink and my 3ds is v4.3.

- i see Boot 3dslink mode // boot classic mode and format emunand , i will assume 3dslink mode = gw mode. and format emunand = prepare emunand.
-will a format of emunand get me back to emunand v4.3? in other words, is it safe to be messing around with emunand.

why the change for language and internet hotpot?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks for your last help, this will be my last cry for help.
I already backed up nand, got a 976,896 kb file (954mb) , backed it up to my PC. now, remember this is a 3dslink and my 3ds is v4.3.

- i see Boot 3dslink mode // boot classic mode and format emunand , i will assume 3dslink mode = gw mode. and format emunand = prepare emunand.
-will a format of emunand get me back to emunand v4.3? in other words, is it safe to be messing around with emunand.

why the change for language and internet hotpot?

I didn't write the exact names on the guide, hoping it won't cause trouble.

The change of language and internet connection is to differentiate the original NAND from emuNAND to prevent updating the original instead of the later.

Hitsuagaya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

8. Reboot the console.

can I do this with the 7.0 now released? also would this work on r4i??

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
can I do this with the 7.0 now released? also would this work on r4i??

Yes, the same steps for the same launcher (Gateway & clones).

Doing this for 7.0 may not be a good idea since a lot of official apps are not working, also, some ROMs that can work on 4.5 won't work on 7.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-