Fox news actually did it....

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whilst I agree the controversial gameplay of pretend terrorist is just a bit much and was in poor taste, why is it Fox did not even discuss that actual subject, and just went on about violent games omg age ratings blah blah blah.

I STILL think that so long as people respect the age ratings we won't have any problems.
Unfortunately lots of people don't, but even then I don't believe this game would do much more than upset some fragile people.
If anyone were to become a violent killer after playing a videogame, it's because they had some sort of disposition that allowed them to become a violent killer to begin with, some dormant problem or serious psychiatric issues.

Of course, any gamer still realises this and Fox is just seeking attention.

What organisation called "Common sense media" has to rely on RESEARCH anyway?

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Haha, this will probably boost the game's sales! Well done, Fox.

It didn't look like they gave the guy on the right much of a chance to speak, actually. I'm pretty sure that he's on there ONLY so they don't look like they're biased, but that's not working the way they want it to. The Fox guy already has his mind made up, and is telling people what to believe. Prior to watching this, I thought Fox was fair and not slanted, but I might have to change my opinion.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
The gamer blog guy just stuttered..
unsure.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fox News also said that people can use a DS to spy on what kids are doing in pictochat.

Guys, I got a genius plan. I'm going to walk every 5 steps and stop to see if there's any active pictochat on my DS. I'm gonna go pedo them.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't look like any ammount of controvery is gonna have any negative influence on the game's sales figures. I read on Gametrailers earlier that Modern Warfare 2 had just achieved the accolade of 'most sucessful launch in entertainment history', making about 4.7 million sales in the first 24 hours. To put that into some sort of perspective, that's made the developers about 310 million dollars in just over 24 hours.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/mw2-bigge...ertainment/1551

I wonder what percentage of that 4.7 million was parents buying this game for their underage kids to shut them up? After all, the kid has to have the latest 'in' thing or he'll be picked on at school, right? Plus if you get them the latest games, you can rely on the Xbox to raise your child while you go take a nice hot bubble bath or watch the football, right?

Trinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
wut part of game do they not understand?

Why don't they flame Mario?
He jumps on goombas, that must be a federal offense

Won't somebody please think of the Goomba's! Fox and friends should be changed to Fox and retards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1