Gaming Fortnite online with 5.05

nswuser007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know if its possible to play fornite online with a 5.05 fw ps4? it says all you have to do is download it from the playstation store. I was thinking you wont be able to do that without the newest firwmare possibly? SO im guessing anyone that downloaded it prior to 5.50 would be bale to play it?

any input would be appreciated I have a new ps4 in the box as a gift for christmas it would be AMAZING if we were able to play one the new one and simultaneously using the modified 5.05 one!

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately there currently isn't a public method that I'm aware of, that allows you to play ANY game online with a 5.05 PS4, not even through Jailbreaking your device which still wouldn't be a way either, so that especially means no version spoofing like how the PS3/PS Vita was, and still are using to play online with lower FW versions.

it's a bit of a shame as I believe the root cause as to why is also the same for why we currently have about as much Homebrew as Sony exclusives on the Vita.. essentially a lack of structure for making Homebrew Apps without a leaked copy of the devkit, and maybe a bit of procrastination from the mounting task at hand, and either the laziness of most devs to bother with it, or most devs just being focused on things they consider more important, such as the Nintendo Switch which seems to be getting many devs on board for support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all