• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Formula 1

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
My opinion is that Max driving today was straight up dirty, but that's an opinion, what I believe it is almost a fact is that the stewards did a colossal mess today. Their decisions are up to debate, but the way they conducted their decisions was outrageous, I think nobody will compliment them for today.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My opinion is that Max driving today was straight up dirty, but that's an opinion, what I believe it is almost a fact is that the stewards did a colossal mess today. Their decisions are up to debate, but the way they conducted their decisions was outrageous, I think nobody will compliment them for today.
He was out and out cheating the whole race then he pulled a Michael Schumacher and tried to take Lewis out the race. He quite clearly jammed the brakes on then tried to speed away instead of letting Lewis pass as he had been instructed to do.

Not a fan of Lewis either but for Max to try and win a world championship by cheating is disgusting.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Grand Prix of Saudi-Arabia​

After 50 Laps (308,450 km):
1.Lewis HamiltonGBRMercedes50 Laps
2.Max VerstappenNEDRed Bull+ 11,825
3.Valtteri BottasFINMercedes27,531
4.Esteban OconFRAAlpine27,633
5.Daniel RicciardoAUSMcLaren40,121
6.Pierre GaslyFRAAlpha Tauri41,613
7.Charles LeclercMONFerrari44,475
8.Carlos SainzESPFerrari46,606
9.Antonio GiovinazziiTAAlfa Romeo58,505
10.Lando NorrisGBRMcLaren1:01,358
11.Lance StrollCANAston Martin1:17,212
12.Nicholas LatifiCANWilliams1:23,249
13.Fernando AlonsoESPAlpine1 Lap
14.Yuki TsunodaJPNAlpha Tauri1 Lap
15.Kimi RäikkönenFINAlfa Romeo1 Lap

Out: Mick Schumacher (GER/Haas), Nikita Mazepin (RUS/Haas), Sergio Perez (MEX/Red Bull), George Russell (GBR/Williams), Sebastian Vettel (GER/Aston Martin)
Fastest Lap: Hamilton (1:30,854)

Drivers Championship:​

1.Max VerstappenNEDRed Bull369,5
2.Lewis HamiltonGBRMercedes369,5
3.Valtteri BottasFINMercedes218
4.Sergio PerezMEXRed Bull190
5.Charles LeclercMONFerrari158
6.Lando NorrisGBRMcLaren154
7.Carlos SainzESPFerrari149,5
8.Daniel RicciardoAUSMcLaren115
9.Pierre GaslyFRAAlpha Tauri100
10.Fernando AlonsoESPAlpine77
11.Esteban OconFRAAlpine72
12.Sebastian VettelGERAston Martin43
13.Lance StrollCANAston Martin34
14.Yuki TsunodaJPNAlpha Tauri20
15.George RussellGBRWilliams16
16.Kimi RäikkönenFINAlfa Romeo10
17.Nicholas LatifiCANWilliams7
18.Antonio GiovinazziITAAlfa Romeo3
19.Mick SchumacherGERHaas0
20.Robert KubicaPOLAlfa Romeo0
21.Nikita MazepinRUSHaas0

Constructors:​

1.Mercedes587,5
2.Red Bull559,5
3.Ferrari307,5
4.McLaren269
5.Alpine149
6.Alpha Tauri120
7.Aston Martin77
8.Williams23
9.Alfa Romeo13
10.Haas0

Final Grand rix 2021:

10.12.2021 in Abu Dhabi

index.png

Last edited by Alexander1970,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Grand Prix of Saudi-Arabia​

After 50 Laps (308,450 km):
1.Lewis HamiltonGBRMercedes50 Laps
2.Max VerstappenNEDRed Bull+ 11,825
3.Valtteri BottasFINMercedes27,531
4.Esteban OconFRAAlpine27,633
5.Daniel RicciardoAUSMcLaren40,121
6.Pierre GaslyFRAAlpha Tauri41,613
7.Charles LeclercMONFerrari44,475
8.Carlos SainzESPFerrari46,606
9.Antonio GiovinazziiTAAlfa Romeo58,505
10.Lando NorrisGBRMcLaren1:01,358
11.Lance StrollCANAston Martin1:17,212
12.Nicholas LatifiCANWilliams1:23,249
13.Fernando AlonsoESPAlpine1 Runde
14.Yuki TsunodaJPNAlpha Tauri
15.Kimi RäikkönenFINAlfa Romeo1 Runde

Out: Mick Schumacher (GER/Haas), Nikita Mazepin (RUS/Haas), Sergio Perez (MEX/Red Bull), George Russell (GBR/Williams), Sebastian Vettel (GER/Aston Martin)
Fastest Lap: Hamilton (1:30,854)

Drivers Championship:​

1.Max VerstappenNEDRed Bull369,5
2.Lewis HamiltonGBRMercedes369,5
3.Valtteri BottasFINMercedes218
4.Sergio PerezMEXRed Bull190
5.Charles LeclercMONFerrari158
6.Lando NorrisGBRMcLaren154
7.Carlos SainzESPFerrari149,5
8.Daniel RicciardoAUSMcLaren115
9.Pierre GaslyFRAAlpha Tauri100
10.Fernando AlonsoESPAlpine77
11.Esteban OconFRAAlpine72
12.Sebastian VettelGERAston Martin43
13.Lance StrollCANAston Martin34
14.Yuki TsunodaJPNAlpha Tauri20
15.George RussellGBRWilliams16
16.Kimi RäikkönenFINAlfa Romeo10
17.Nicholas LatifiCANWilliams7
18.Antonio GiovinazziITAAlfa Romeo3
19.Mick SchumacherGERHaas0
20.Robert KubicaPOLAlfa Romeo0
21.Nikita MazepinRUSHaas0

Constructors:​

1.Mercedes587,5
2.Red Bull559,5
3.Ferrari307,5
4.McLaren269
5.Alpine149
6.Alpha Tauri120
7.Aston Martin77
8.Williams23
9.Alfa Romeo13
10.Haas0

Final Grand rix 2021:

10.12.2021 in Abu Dhabi

View attachment 288420
Race result may change Max And Lewis have both been sent to the stewards.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Cheating needs to be punished before it leads to a serious accident. Which we nearly got today because of Max and his shenanigans.

Honestly I am disgusted by both Drivers......they both have not a little Piece of an Character or Charisma like Lauda,Andretti,Hunt,G.Villeneuve,Senna,Mansell,Prost even a J.Villeneuve or Montoya and many,many more...

They both are not more than crying and "pampered" little Kids....
They both earn Millions of Euros.....and behave like little Shitters...

What the fuck was that "Camle Trade" from Masi...?!?!

Fuck Formula 1...that is no longer a Sport,that is Shit....and also thanks to the US Boy and fucking Ross Brawn who fucked Ecclestone and the whole F 1 Fans....

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
Cheating needs to be punished before it leads to a serious accident. Which we nearly got today because of Max and his shenanigans.
the non action here on São Paulo teach Max to never do the corner when Hamilton is outside. Double DNF is what he wants, will try again in Abu Dhabi.

Edit: I was supporting Max early on the season, because it is kinda boring the same guy winning every single year, but Max showed how asshole he is, Horner too.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A bullshit 10 second penalty for Max. A punishment the absolutely doesn't punish Max in any way. Here is what FIA had to say on it.

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, summoned (documents 39 & 40) and heard from the drivers and team representatives, have considered the following matter and determine the following:

No / Driver 33 - Max Verstappen

Competitor Red Bull Racing Honda

Time 22:19

Session Race

Fact Car 33 braked in a manner which caused a collision with Car 44 in turn 26.

Offence Breach of Article 2 (e) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code.

Decision 10 second time penalty imposed after the race (10 seconds added to elapsed race time).

2 penalty points (total of 7 for the 12 month period).

Reason The Stewards heard from the driver of Car 33 (Max Verstappen), the driver of car 44 (Lewis Hamilton) and team representative, reviewed the video and telemetry evidence and determined that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly at fault.

At turn 21 the driver of car 33 was given the instruction to give back a position to car 44 and was told by the team to do so “strategically”. Car 33 slowed significantly at turn 26. However, it was obvious that neither driver wanted to take the lead prior to DRS detection line 3.

The driver of Car 33 stated that he was wondering why Car 44 had not overtaken and the driver of Car 44 stated that, not having been aware at that stage that Car 33 was giving the position back, was unaware of the reason Car 33 was slowing. In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration. Whilst accepting that the driver of Car 44 could have overtaken Car 33 when that car first slowed, we understand why he (and the driver of Car 33) did not wish to be the first to cross the DRS.

However, the sudden braking by the driver of Car 33 was determined by the Stewards to be erratic and hence the predominant cause of the collision and hence the standard penalty of 10 seconds for this type of incident, is imposed.

Competitors are reminded that they have the right to appeal certain decisions of the Stewards, in accordance with Article 15 of the FIA International Sporting Code and Chapter 4 of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, within the applicable time limits.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
A bullshit 10 second penalty for Max. A punishment the absolutely doesn't punish Max in any way. Here is what FIA had to say on it.

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, summoned (documents 39 & 40) and heard from the drivers and team representatives, have considered the following matter and determine the following:

No / Driver 33 - Max Verstappen

Competitor Red Bull Racing Honda

Time 22:19

Session Race

Fact Car 33 braked in a manner which caused a collision with Car 44 in turn 26.

Offence Breach of Article 2 (e) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code.

Decision 10 second time penalty imposed after the race (10 seconds added to elapsed race time).

2 penalty points (total of 7 for the 12 month period).

Reason The Stewards heard from the driver of Car 33 (Max Verstappen), the driver of car 44 (Lewis Hamilton) and team representative, reviewed the video and telemetry evidence and determined that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly at fault.

At turn 21 the driver of car 33 was given the instruction to give back a position to car 44 and was told by the team to do so “strategically”. Car 33 slowed significantly at turn 26. However, it was obvious that neither driver wanted to take the lead prior to DRS detection line 3.

The driver of Car 33 stated that he was wondering why Car 44 had not overtaken and the driver of Car 44 stated that, not having been aware at that stage that Car 33 was giving the position back, was unaware of the reason Car 33 was slowing. In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration. Whilst accepting that the driver of Car 44 could have overtaken Car 33 when that car first slowed, we understand why he (and the driver of Car 33) did not wish to be the first to cross the DRS.

However, the sudden braking by the driver of Car 33 was determined by the Stewards to be erratic and hence the predominant cause of the collision and hence the standard penalty of 10 seconds for this type of incident, is imposed.

Competitors are reminded that they have the right to appeal certain decisions of the Stewards, in accordance with Article 15 of the FIA International Sporting Code and Chapter 4 of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, within the applicable time limits.
b1806bfcbab2c852661fd8f0fcd4ebe7.gif

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think,Michael Masi seems not to know were his "Limits of Competence and Rights " are...
He threatens both Teams to deduct Points in the Event of a "Collision"...

What is absolut correct,there is Article 12.2.1
It says that any violation of the principle of fair competition, unsportsmanlike conduct or the attempt to influence the outcome of a competition in a way that is contrary to sports ethics will be assessed as a rule break.

But....Monza for Example ? Silverstone ? Suddenly it goes about "Point Deduction" ?

Christian Horner was absolute correct last Weekend...

"I'm sorry to say that, but I felt like Charlie Whiting was missing from the sport today, with all the experience he had."

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Absolutely, Masi offering deals is absurd, he should apply the rules and be strict about it. Drivers and constructors always want to go to limit of what's permitted. This should be black and white not a grey area, this leads to drivers going further and further doing things they would normally never do.

I really don't like Toto (evil child) and don't like Hammilton's (one of the best drivers ever) attitude.
But I think they've got the best cards for the weekend: best car, one of the best drivers vs second best car with one of the best drivers. Maybe not very nice but I'd rather see something exciting like Verstappen runs into Hammilton and Norris wins and afterwards Verstappen gets 1 point deduction so Hammilton wins the championship instead of pole Hammilton and just becoming the champion again. We'll see!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Absolutely, Masi offering deals is absurd, he should apply the rules and be strict about it. Drivers and constructors always want to go to limit of what's permitted. This should be black and white not a grey area, this leads to drivers going further and further doing things they would normally never do.

I really don't like Toto (evil child) and don't like Hammilton's (one of the best drivers ever) attitude.
But I think they've got the best cards for the weekend: best car, one of the best drivers vs second best car with one of the best drivers. Maybe not very nice but I'd rather see something exciting like Verstappen runs into Hammilton and Norris wins and afterwards Verstappen gets 1 point deduction so Hammilton wins the championship instead of pole Hammilton and just becoming the champion again. We'll see!

Funny,as Austrian I would like to say:

Toto has dropped his "very kind and friendly" Mask in the last weeks/Months.
He already won many,many Drivers Championships,also for the Contructors for Mercedes.
Why so "grimly" this Year ? Why so aggressive ?

Max was an Asshole in the first Year(s),his Driving was really dangerous and reckless...maybe we all forgot that....BUT have a Look on Lewis first Years....or his Championship Fights against Nico.....

This Year,BOTH got what they deserved...it seems more a"plus" on Mercedes" but...let´s see what happens this Sunday.

What I really hope:LET THEM RACE !
In a matter of an Formula 1 Race.If they both "eliminate" each other in the first Corner,then it should be so...

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
On Sunday,one of Formula 1 most exciting,coolest,funniest and longest Career is coming to an End ....

The last One....good Bye and have a very,very,very nice Time,Kimi.💖😉

"Leave me alone....."
The Italian Jesus, Giovanazzi is saying goodbye too, and that is a shame. He never got a proper chance, but in many occasions fought hard. I wish him a brilliant career from now on (I believe he will get a seat on Formula E).

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Italian Jesus, Giovanazzi is saying goodbye too, and that is a shame. He never got a proper chance, but in many occasions fought hard. I wish him a brilliant career from now on (I believe he will get a seat on Formula E).
Yep he is driving next season for the Dragon Penske team in Formula E.

FEUTwOTXEAMZF_K.jpeg.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins