Hacking Formatting Luma 3DS and getting it back running

BananaSplitSZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey there, I just got a nintendo Switch and monster hunter generations ultimate but I used to play MHXX so data can't be transferred, so I tried to carry myself o the new game. Now to the main point here.
Since both consoles are linked to my nintendo account they couldn't connect due to nintendo network acount is the same so I was thinking of formatting my 3DS so it gets rid of the account, is it possible to keep running luma after formatting? if it can, how can I bring it back on? I'm running luma 10.1 and system version 11.13
thanks in advance, I'm not advancin untill I get advice from you guys

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I just got a nintendo Switch and monster hunter generations ultimate but I used to play MHXX so data can't be transferred, so I tried to carry myself o the new game. Now to the main point here.
Since both consoles are linked to my nintendo account they couldn't connect due to nintendo network acount is the same so I was thinking of formatting my 3DS so it gets rid of the account, is it possible to keep running luma after formatting? if it can, how can I bring it back on? I'm running luma 10.1 and system version 11.13
thanks in advance, I'm not advancin untill I get advice from you guys
Formatting the system while connected to the internet to remove the NNID will not remove B9S. Make sure your SD is removed, or it might delete boot.firm. If boot.firm is removed, just redownload it and put it onto the root of your SD card.

Reactions: BananaSplitSZ

BananaSplitSZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Formatting the system while connected to the internet to remove the NNID will not remove B9S. Make sure your SD is removed, or it might delete boot.firm. If boot.firm is removed, just redownload it and put it onto the root of your SD card.
so if I remove the SD card it shoul be everything fine, still luma running with no issue?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
so if I remove the SD card it shoul be everything fine, still luma running with no issue?
If you followed the Guide and installed Luma3DS to the ctrnand, then you really don't even need to remove your SD card. If you didn't follow that part, then do so from here. You need to have Luma3DS on your ctrnand in order for the system to boot without an SD card. It's worth noting that reformating won't affect B9S and if you accidentally lose the "boot.firm" file then you can just redownload it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill