Format System to kill update nag?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kekskrümel, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Kekskrümel
    OP

Kekskrümel Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hi,

some wii u update is downloaded to 80% and failed at this point. Now starting games also without internet connection give me some update nag, which I can cancel but it's boring ~~

If I for ate the wii u does this also delete the firmware download so the wii u doesnt know about the new update ?
    Also does the format also format vwii ?

And can I export on hdd my downloaded eshop content and restore it after formating the system without eshop access and installing the newest firmware ?

Thx & Greetings

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Don't format, it doesn't wipe everything, just NNID, system settings and downloaded content. All updates will stay on the console, and update information is stored with the current version (or something along those lines)

3. Kekskrümel
    OP

Kekskrümel Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Thx for the info

4. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Also, you can only use a Wii U formatted hard drive with the console it was formatted on, since it's encrypted with a console-specific key. I'm not entirely sure what that means in regards to formatting the same console, though...

5. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    It shouldn't do anything to it, should still work fine, just as NNID's can be restored after formatting.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.