Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
My parents Ford blacked out during the winter because of the cold. So we had to restart the battery and buy some fuses to get it working again. After restarting it, we found the radio was busted (a blown fuse). A few months later, after a car inspection, we've decided to fix that, but we're also going to have to enter the Ford keycode to make the radio work again. Normally, we'd be able to find it inside of the manual. But we looked in every given manual, and found nothing. We also found out we could get the code from Ford or the car inspectors, but we would have to pay about 20 £ (which is quite ridiculous for a 4-digit code). I was wondering if there is any program to generate them based on the S/N, or someone on this forum who could help me find the code?

Thank you very much in advance for any support,

Ace Faith

PS (@Mods): I only posted this here because I am mostly hoping I can find some reliable software to get this key.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a quick search I saw that you would need to get the serial number off of the radio itself before anyone could even possibly help you determine the code needed to reactivate it.

It would be very time-consuming, but you could always start at 0000 and work your way through the numbers until you hit the right code.

Once you find the serial number on the radio, try this site:

http://www.radio-code.co.uk/ford-radio-codes.html

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Rayder said:
From a quick search I saw that you would need to get the serial number off of the radio itself before anyone could even possibly help you determine the code needed to reactivate it.

It would be very time-consuming, but you could always start at 0000 and work your way through the numbers until you hit the right code.

Once you find the serial number on the radio, try this site:

http://www.radio-code.co.uk/ford-radio-codes.html

I retrieved the Serial Number when removing it from the slot to determine the problem. As a result, I found out that the last 7 terms were necessary to get the code. I also found that I had a max of 10 attempts before it locks itself down and denies code entry. When that happens, It must be physically be unlocked by a car service inspector or from Ford, through payment.

I wasn't going to have any of that, so I found a reliable software to generate the key for me. I'll attempt it soon enough. I also used it on other people's S/N to confirm that it was reliable enough, and most of those other people got the key to work.

Thank you very much in any case, I was going to give up if you hadn't posted the link.
wink.gif

This thread can get locked unless more people want help with their Ford Radio's.

Thanks again,

Ace Faith

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.