Hacking Force Switch Screen Recording?

BruhLookAtThis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to force the Switch to screen record a certain game? like maybe there's a flag or whatever somewhere that you can just tick it to "yes" and boom you can record?

Lost my elgato and I'm currently barred from screen recording a certain "Ultimate" game

Legendre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can save the fights with “Y” button and if you wants cut it.

The screen recording are blocked to avoid spoilers of WOL.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can save the fights with “Y” button and if you want, cut it.

Reactions: BruhLookAtThis

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Is it possible to force the Switch to screen record a certain game? like maybe there's a flag or whatever somewhere that you can just tick it to "yes" and boom you can record?

Lost my elgato and I'm currently barred from screen recording a certain "Ultimate" game
Saldy you cant, only 30sec vídeos, but with and app here you can combine all of then you can try if you want.

Legendre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can save the fights with “Y” button and if you wants cut it.

Reactions: Agusto101

BruhLookAtThis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There HAS to be a way to force it. We know the Switch can handle recording Smash gameplay cause the feature is built into the game itself. There's gotta be an on/off switch somewhere, i wish i had the knowhow to find it myself

Reactions: rahaat

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There HAS to be a way to force it. We know the Switch can handle recording Smash gameplay cause the feature is built into the game itself. There's gotta be an on/off switch somewhere, i wish i had the knowhow to find it myself
Since there HAS to be a way, record it with your phone? Get another elgato? I'm sure when the official release is out you can record just fine. Wait for that maybe?

BruhLookAtThis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there HAS to be a way, record it with your phone? Get another elgato? I'm sure when the official release is out you can record just fine. Wait for that maybe?
"HAS to be a way to force it" Did you miss that part? I added some color for ya

Recording with my phone will drastically decrease the quality, that should be a no-brainer. I'm not sure if you do any sort of content creation, but phone video recordings are a terrible method of showing gameplay footage. Getting another elgato isn't the desired option, as it costs a good amount of money. Waiting for an official release to enable it (obviously) isn't the goal here, as I want to toggle the feature myself. An Official release still won't show me how to turn the feature on or off

Reactions: rahaat

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"HAS to be a way to force it" Did you miss that part? I added some color for ya

Recording with my phone will drastically decrease the quality, that should be a no-brainer. I'm not sure if you do any sort of content creation, but phone video recordings are a terrible method of showing gameplay footage. Getting another elgato isn't the desired option, as it costs a good amount of money. Waiting for an official release to enable it (obviously) isn't the goal here, as I want to toggle the feature myself. An Official release still won't show me how to turn the feature on or off
I read your post just fine, thanks for making it nice and bold though. You wanted a way to do it, I gave you the obvious way you can do it. You didn't specify you wanted a pixel perfect recording. And you don't have to be a "content creator" to know recording on a phone won't keep OG quality. Wait for an official release of the game, or go through the games files and figure it out.

Last edited by Illuminaticy,

BruhLookAtThis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read your post just fine, thanks for making it nice and bold though. You wanted a way to do it, I gave you the obvious way you can do it. You didn't specify you wanted a pixel perfect recording. And you don't have to be a "content creator" to know recording on a phone won't keep OG quality. Wait for an official release of the game, or go through the games files and figure it out.
Game files haven't been fully extracted yet (as far as i know), nor do i know how to do that or toggle recording myself, hence why I came here for help.

You gave obvious methods that weren't asked for. Hell, you didn't even answer the question. I specified forcing the Switch's screen recording. Not cellphone recording, not Elgato recording.

"Since there HAS to be a way to get McDonald's, why don't you go to Burger King?"

C'mon now.

Last edited by BruhLookAtThis,
Reactions: Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you want a straight answer:
Wait until the game releases.
I gave you other options to reach your goal. You did not want them. You cannot screen record on a pirated early release copy of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. There are no ways to do this as of right now, hence me not giving you the answer you were looking for. I hope you find a way.

BearuDev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game files haven't been fully extracted yet (as far as i know), nor do i know how to do that or toggle recording myself, hence why I came here for help.

You gave obvious methods that weren't asked for. Hell, you didn't even answer the question. I specified forcing the Switch's screen recording. Not cellphone recording, not Elgato recording.

"Since there HAS to be a way to get McDonald's, why don't you go to Burger King?"

C'mon now.

LMAO that last line tho

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I still want a CFW feature to either increase the Jpeg quality to 100%, or save as .PNG files instead. I'm pretty sure it can be done, just not sure why it HASN'T been done YET. I'd also like to see saving of screenshots at the upscaled 1080p, not re-shrunken back down to 720p... If I'm docked and take a screenshot, I want the full upscaled resolution of that screenshot.

And since I'm on my soap box, why the fuck hasn't anyone killed the 30 second recording limitation yet? GET IT DONE!!!

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: Takokeshi

Weirdal3333

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.musicsuper.org
XP
Country
United States
I still want a CFW feature to either increase the Jpeg quality to 100%, or save as .PNG files instead. I'm pretty sure it can be done, just not sure why it HASN'T been done YET. I'd also like to see saving of screenshots at the upscaled 1080p, not re-shrunken back down to 720p... If I'm docked and take a screenshot, I want the full upscaled resolution of that screenshot.

And since I'm on my soap box, why the fuck hasn't anyone killed the 30 second recording limitation yet? GET IT DONE!!!

https://github.com/exelix11/SysDVR might be of interest. It's not a full solution, but it might be enough for you.
Allowing video capture on all games requires you to repack each nsp/xci with a single bit changed in a certain file: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/NACP
I really do wish there was a global flag that could be set...

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
https://github.com/exelix11/SysDVR might be of interest. It's not a full solution, but it might be enough for you.
Allowing video capture on all games requires you to repack each nsp/xci with a single bit changed in a certain file: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/NACP
I really do wish there was a global flag that could be set...
It's not true. NACP only sets flag for allowing recording. Still game needs to create buffer for video capture and pass it to SDK function. And still it seems not enough as in some games it seems to not work without patching system.

tma2 will allow for video capture without creating such buffer in application memory and will allow forcing recording on NACP via config files.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Weirdal3333

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.musicsuper.org
XP
Country
United States
It's not true. NACP only sets flag for allowing recording. Still game needs to create buffer for video capture and pass it to SDK function. And still it seems not enough as in some games it seems to not work without patching system.

tma2 will allow for video capture without creating such buffer in application memory and will allow forcing recording on NACP via config files.
I looked through the tma2 branch, and it looks like SciresM is working on the video server function in the cs module right now!
Here's to hoping everything works smoothly

fabvvx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, i want to save the "30s video" from a game that doesn't allow me to do (Hollow Knight for example), does exist a way to enable the "screen recording" for these games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1