Hacking Force 3D on 2D games (remove 'scanlines')

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
3PBuGsabb.png

As you can see on this picture above (source), if 3D is turned off, you can see something that resembles scanlines on the top screen (though those aren't scanlines; for a detailed explanation read the italic text here). Since this can be distracting, especially when you consider that while gaming you repeatedly switch between top screen and bottom screen, I wonder if the current hacking achievements allow to force enable 3D on 2D only areas and 2D only games.

Reactions: Margen67

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess there's most of the time a reason of 3D disabled, maybe performances, no?

And anyway, I guess it depends on how games are made, if you can change peculiar stuff.

Reactions: Margen67

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, one of the reasons I avoid 3D mode is because of the poor image quality on the left, that to me resemble a double "scanline" (both horizontal and vertical).
The vertical gap between pixels (aka "scanline") in 2D mode is bad enough, but the additional horizontal gap in 3D mode causes unbearable eye straining.

Reactions: Lucifer666

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Actually, one of the reasons I avoid 3D mode is because of the poor image quality on the left, that to me resemble a double "scanline" (both horizontal and vertical).
The vertical gap between pixels (aka "scanline") in 2D mode is bad enough, but the additional horizontal gap in 3D mode causes unbearable eye straining.
That doesn't make sense. In 3D mode the top screen is identical to the bottom screen. If the bottom screen gives you eye strain, I suggest getting a Vita.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That doesn't make sense. In 3D mode the top screen is identical to the bottom screen. If the bottom screen gives you eye strain, I suggest getting a Vita.
Yes, the bottom screen also annoys me, but I don't look at it too often anyway.
And even if I may get a Vita for playing Vita games (specially P4G) any day, that is completely unrelated.
I can only play the 3DS games I want to play in my 3DS with its crappy screen, and buying a Vita is no solution to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-