For People Experiencing Error Code: 007-2001 While entering the eShop on latest firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pikm, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Pikm
    OP

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    So I had this problem too, and then I saw a reddit page that said a guy's region was changed to Japan on a European 3DS. This happened to me too, and it has something to do with attempting to enter the system settings in HANS while selecting the Japanese region. This then sets your entire system to that region, and blocks you from services like the eshop, and miiverse. It's an easy fix, though: System Settings>Other Settings>Profile>Region Settings. Just wanted to clear things up.

2. Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    Or you still have a downgraded title on your system like me: I downgraded my browser... If you still want to use the eshop you can do that through the eshop spoofer.

3. Pikm
    OP

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    I don't think that works anymore. New encryption or something like that.

4. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Nope, it's because of a new check. I don't remember what it is exactly, but the E-Shop spoof still works you're using it on a 10.2+ system.

Games&Stuff likes this.
  5. Pikm
    OP

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    It doesn't work on 10.4 or 5

6. Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    It works for me...

7. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Oh, yes, I see what you mean. That's for a completely different reason, (see here for details), and Smea said it was fixable.