FMVs stutter from HDD

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Robfozz, May 20, 2019.

1. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Hello!
    Im having this issue where any game running from the HDD whenever theres a pre rendered video, it pauses and stutters constantly and I have no idea what's going on or how to fix it. I'm using a 1tb seagate barracuda hdd.

I've tried reformatting it through the PS3(not the full format though as that takes 3 days) to no avail.

Actual gameplay works just fine, load times are quick too, its really just video playback thats giving me issues.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I used the same brand hdd in my fat before it died and never had this issue until I modded my slim.

Update: Fixed the issue by plugging it into my PC and formatting the cache size to 32k and then going back through the setup on the PS3 after. Not sure if I could've picked a higher size but I believe the PS3 default is 32k so I wanted to be safe.

Last edited by Robfozz, May 21, 2019
  2. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    Is it an external hdd? I had problems with when using an external drive through a sata cable before (It sucked I was playing FF XIII) I also just watched the cutscenes on youtube then skipped them in game

3. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    No its my internal HDD

4. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2015
    United States
    California

Have you tried to rebuild database In service menu?

5. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    yes several times

6. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    Fixed the issue by plugging it into my PC and formatting the cache size to 32k and then going back through the setup on the PS3 after. Not sure if I could've picked a higher size but I believe the PS3 default is 32k so I wanted to be safe.

ModderFokker619 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted