Homebrew Flipnote Studio without DSi Shop?

helloada322

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heyo, I have a softmodded DSi XL that I would like to get Flipnote Studio on. Anyway to do this? Console is European, and I also have another DSi that has Flipnote, but the shoulder buttons are broken and the screen is heavily beat up. I've already checked the DSi Shop for previous purchases, and tried transferring it in Data Management with an SD Card. The DSi with Flipnote is American, if that makes a difference.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyo, I have a softmodded DSi XL that I would like to get Flipnote Studio on. Anyway to do this? Console is European, and I also have another DSi that has Flipnote, but the shoulder buttons are broken and the screen is heavily beat up. I've already checked the DSi Shop for previous purchases, and tried transferring it in Data Management with an SD Card. The DSi with Flipnote is American, if that makes a difference.
Dsiware is region locked

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What are you trying to do? Do you want to use Flipnote Studio as intended? It is no longer needed as entrypoint for installing custom firmware (https://dsi.cfw.guide/).

Installing unlaunch+HiyaCFW+TWiLight Menu++ gets rid of all restrictions (as far as I know) so extracting the American Flipnote Studio and using it on the European DSi should be possible.

The other way is downloading Flipnote Studio from somewhere (do not ask for ROMs on the forum – this is against the rules!). Installing CFW is still needed for using DSiWare which is not obtained the normal way. Although Flipnote Studio was available for free in the now defunct shop and you already have a legal copy, downloading the ROM is still illegal. It’s your moral decision/conscience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte