FlingSmash Bundled With New Motion+ Wiimote?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
230843b_1_2.jpg

Judging by this boxart taken from Gamestop, it looks like Nintendo are finally going to offer the Wiimote with Motion+ built in! What's more it comes bundled with this game! While the description of the title does say "Using the Wii Remote controller with the Wii MotionPlus accessory" the boxart also says "Wii Remote Plus included" which is the first time we've seen that term so that description could have been one given before Nintendo decided to bundle this.

Gamestop have it priced at $49.99 which is their price for most newly released Wii titles. I often wondered how Nintendo could sell this game at retail, while it does look a lot of fun and something I'd like to get it still looks like something you'd get on WiiWare. Maybe this is the only way to get this at the moment (possibly with the next Zelda title too) and should help the game sell as well as other peripheral based titles.

It should be noted that this is the first retail game published by Nintendo since Wii Sports Resort to need the Motion+ to play.

Here is some footage of the title in action:

icon11.gif
News taken from GoNintendo

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Finally nice to see that they are offering a complete WiiMote without the damn WM+ addon. hehe
Hope its available in white, because i dont own the black Wii.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just watched the game trailer and what came to mind immediately was Donkey Kong Country on the SNES, guess there are no really new ideas...

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
mechagouki said:
I just watched the game trailer and what came to mind immediately was Donkey Kong Country on the SNES, guess there are no really new ideas...

:wtf:

I don't remember smashing donkey kong through a breakout-style maze with bosses? I always thought of DKC as more of....a....platformer?

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
monkat said:
mechagouki said:

:wtf:

I don't remember smashing donkey kong through a breakout-style maze with bosses? I always thought of DKC as more of....a....platformer?
Donkey Kong Country barrel jumping

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fat D said:
You know black remotes are still compatible with white Wiis, right?
I still hope one day we get the silver controller first shown in the revolution prototype pictures:
http://www.freewebs.com/pokepocketadvanced...TROLLER%204.jpg

Works: Yes
Looks good: No

Of course, some will disagree with my assessment, but if, like me, you have a White Wii and a few White controllers, adding a black controller would be stupid.

If this is indeed a Wii Remote with a motion+ built in, then cool, but I probably won't be getting one, unless you are forced to if you get that game and I like the look of it (haven't heard of it till now, dunno if I want it or not)

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please take note, "FlingSmash" is not proper Wiimote / Wii Motion Plus usage and may cause expensive property damage.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop have now removed the listing from its site completely.

mechagouki said:
Apart from the barrel jumping there is nothing else remotely similar in gameplay terms.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Gamestop have now removed the listing from its site completely.

mechagouki said:
Apart from the barrel jumping there is nothing else remotely similar in gameplay terms.
there goes my doubts! looks like this is the real deal. Good thing i held out on that second wii mote; a free one is a much better option. It will definitely make things more convenient. Especially if buy a wireless nunchuck that can fit now without that huge wim+ blocking.

D

Deleted_171835

yay.gif

They should have did this from the start.
Hopefully, Wii Party has the new Motion+ Wiimote with it even though there isn't any need for it.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the battery consumption in it is better, always find that using the motion+ add on really drains the battery more than usual.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol