FlatMii error.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Keylogger, Mar 4, 2009.

Mar 4, 2009

FlatMii error. by Keylogger at 9:20 PM (3,200 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Keylogger
    OP

Member Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    Hi,

I've just finished to install my FlatMii on my PAL 3.2 Wii.

But, I have an error and i can't load any ISOs [​IMG]

I use the combo drive + flatmii mode.

My DVD drive works fine and I can launch my DVDs.

When i connect the FlatMii to my PC, the software says: FlatMii Connected.

But when I try to load an ISO (standard or autoboot) i have this message on my wii:
    An error has occured. Press the eject button to remove the disc, then turn the wii console off.....

I get this message for every ISO...

Do you know what the problem is ?

2. AetherMaster

Member AetherMaster Aether

United States
    Have you installed the Flatmii USB driver? It can br found on the Flatmii website alongside the PC software.

EDIT: See my below post for the fix.

3. kwf001

Newcomer kwf001 Member

Canada
    if you do have the drivers installed, I know with my wii and flatmii that I usually have to have the wii on before I start the program. Although if you still get the error, leave the usb plugged in, shut your wii down (red light), close the flatmii program. Then turn your wii on, go to the disk channel. From there load the flatmii program, you should hear your dvd drive for a couple seconds. Then you should be able to load your iso's without a problem.

If you dont have the drivers installed, I had to have my wii on and the device connected before windows would recognize the device

hope this helps!

4. mattias800

Newcomer mattias800 Newbie

Sweden
    Hello!

I'm having the exact same problem, did you solve it?
    Your description is exactly like my setup, though I'm running the Flatmii software in Parallels Desktop on Mac. Maybe that screw things up?

Also, I have only tried one game, Mario Kart. I turned off all settings for forcing region and removing updates in hope that they were causing problems, but still the same result.

The drivers are installed correctly I think, since the Flatmii software says its connected, right? Wouldn't do that otherwise I'm assuming?

Any ideas?

Maybe I'll try and remove the DVD and run it in stand alone mode.

5. SoraK05

Member SoraK05 GBAtemp Regular

Kenya
    I have that error if I run the FlatMii software after the Wii is on.

What I do is turn the Wii on, run the FlatMii software to connect it, and then I turn off the Wii (red power LED), then turn it back on. Generally, it works from there, although sometimes if I load an ISO (switching it from Drive to FlatMii Mode) I'd still get the error - to guarantee that never happens, I mount an ISO in the FlatMii software, and then turn off the Wii at that point, making sure it's in FlatMii Mode, and then it won't give me that error when I turn the Wii back on and load ISOs from the PC from that point.. Worst case, even after doing that, I just turn the Wii off only one more time, and then turn it back on, and it pretty much works 100% that way each time.

I think the Wii has a problem switching between Drive and FlatMii Modes when the Wii is already on, so getting it into FlatMii Mode while the Wii is on, then turning off the Wii and turning it back on seems to get it working for me, since it would be turning the Wii on in FlatMii Mode from the start..

Hope that helps.. [​IMG]

6. mattias800

Sweden
    Still no luck, tried all sorts of combinations in which order to start the different things.
    Always get the same error. Updated the Wii to latest firmware also, removed it and put back the DVD and it worked perfectly. Tried both USB slots in the Wii (but I assume it's only there for power). Wish I had another 4 pole flat cable to try, if mine might be broken. Bah.
    I'll try on a PC tomorrow (like I said, running it on a Macbook with Parallels Desktop at the moment).

7. AetherMaster

Member AetherMaster Aether

United States
    Well, I used to get the same error, so here are my exact steps to get it working:

1) MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO ACTUAL DVDs IN THE DRIVE! After all, how could the Wii read two games at the same time?

2) Turn off your Wii so that there is a red light.

3) Plug in the USB cable to the flatmii and (if you haven't already) install the driver onto your PC.

4) Turn on the Wii and let it sit at the health screen.

5) Launch the Flatmii software from your computer, but don't load any ISO.

6) Go the the system menu, and enter the disk channel.

7) Load your ISO through the flatmii software.

8) Play! [​IMG]

--Hope this helps

8. Keylogger
    OP

Member Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    Yes! Thanks!
    It worked.

9. mattias800

Sweden
    Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that I solved the problem.

I was running Windows XP (32-bit) in Parallels Desktop on my Macbook and apparently it's picky about the USB "hardware". Moved my Wii to the bed room and my Vista 64-bit computer and everything works flawlessly. The most problem I've had is slow disc reading when I'm unpacking RAR archives at the same time [​IMG]

I haven't tried Virtualbox or VMWare Fusion though, I just think I'll stick to this computer [​IMG]

10. faizdude

Newcomer faizdude Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same problem. The only different is the error message. I do not get any error message but when I open the disk channel, it says disk cannot be read.

DVD drive is working fine. Loading ISO's so far failed. My Wii is from the US.

Everything seems to work when FlatMii is loaded (dvd drive making noise, the blue light illuminated, even the LED on the FlatMii is on).

I have tried the turn-off-turn-on steps above. I also tried 3 different USB cables.

So far nothing works.