Hardware Flat Mii Cable

RayRay19wun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii with a FlatMii and my little cuzin pulled me wii out and the flat wire that connects the flatmii to the usb thing broke. i emailed the flatmii team and modchipcentral. Flatmii team told me to email reseller and mod chip central told me they don't sell it separately. I'm Wondering if theirs a place to buy this wire. on the wire it says CHS E308092 AWM 20624 80C 60V VW-1 if that would help

Ess_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RayRay19wun said:
I have a Wii with a FlatMii and my little cuzin pulled me wii out and the flat wire that connects the flatmii to the usb thing broke. i emailed the flatmii team and modchipcentral. Flatmii team told me to email reseller and mod chip central told me they don't sell it separately. I'm Wondering if theirs a place to buy this wire. on the wire it says CHS E308092 AWM 20624 80C 60V VW-1 if that would help

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the Flatmii usb ribbon cable.

I can't really help you there, I'm replying to try and get some feedback on the chip and setup its-self.

Mine is on it's way from Spain as I write this. How was Flatmii for you while it was running?

There's not much feedback around on here as it's a relativey new piece of hardware.

Once again, sorry to hear about your problem and I hope you find a solution.

I'm not gonna let anybody near mine now!!!!

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive been using mine since day of release and its been amazing! Not had a single problem with any game (including Smash Bros) All rosy from here, And as my wii sits 3ft away from my pc thats not been an issue either!

Regarding your boken cable, It might be possible to solder it back together where its broken, If you can strip a bit of the casing off then you will be able to bridge the gap between the break. Since modchipcentral cant help you I would email the flatmii team again explaining that you are unable to get help from your supplier and see if there is anything they can do
smile.gif

climo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squirt1000 said:
Ive been using mine since day of release and its been amazing! Not had a single problem with any game (including Smash Bros) All rosy from here, And as my wii sits 3ft away from my pc thats not been an issue either!

Regarding your boken cable, It might be possible to solder it back together where its broken, If you can strip a bit of the casing off then you will be able to bridge the gap between the break. Since modchipcentral cant help you I would email the flatmii team again explaining that you are unable to get help from your supplier and see if there is anything they can do
smile.gif

I also have a FlatMii and am disappointed with it so far. I was only able to connect once with my pc and that was before I installed it into my wii. The few times I tried to install the drivers..they never sync'd with each other. Even though it should unknown device as FlatMii ...still would not connect.
cry.gif

Can you explain the procedure you go thru when you start to play a game? Im curious to know your method of getting it to sync with your pc. Now it does nothing when I plug it into any pc. No beep from windows...just nothing. I think the usb dongle cable is bad. I emailed MCC and will send it back for inspection or replacement. Hope I can get it to work like yours does.
smile.gif

eruvalar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The best thing they could do is simply telling you where to buy the parts. They do it, so you can too.
I think this might be the correct part, but I'm in no way sure. EDIT: It was not the right part. Link removed to avoid confusion.
I have bought a flatmii too and I might need this in the future, so I would be interested in a definitive answer. After reading this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Flex_Cable, I think it just has to be a 4pin flat cable with the right pitch. Anyone with experience in electronics, especially identifying/choosing parts?

As for a picture, it's pretty clearly visible in the first picture in this review: http://www.iso420.org/wii/flatmii/index.htm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo