Hardware Flashing Nand without backup

osbodav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi my questions is. Is it possible to flash a switch with corrupted boot 0/1 if i don't have the backup files i don't care it becomes banned or if i cant get online anymore as long as i can play my cart games that all that matter. i have a backup of my nand but i couldn't make a backup of my boot 0/1 to be able to read the keys. If not would there be a way to bruteforce into nand in order to find the keys to fix my boot 0/1?

Its getting repaired from Nintendo atm so far from what heard i have a nlc/ncl ban what ever one it is because my nand got corrupted from using emunand without getting a backup in the first place...

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i have a backup of my nand but i couldn't make a backup of my boot 0/1
You can use this guide to generate a Boot0/1 file for your specific firmware version:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Also I've read that Boot0/1 seems to be identical across systems, it is only specific to a firmware version, so if you can find a Boot0/1 backup for your specific firmware backup version, you MIGHT be able to use that instead. Don't quote me on that though because I've never tried that.

osbodav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use this guide to generate a Boot0/1 file for your specific firmware version:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Also I've read that Boot0/1 seems to be identical across systems, it is only specific to a firmware version, so if you can find a Boot0/1 backup for your specific firmware backup version, you MIGHT be able to use that instead. Don't quote me on that though because I've never tried that.

thanks ill try it out if nintendo refuses to fix it

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think the most likely thing to happen is they "fix" it the same way they "fix" a lot of things sent to them:
by replacing it with a refurbished unit, and in this case, by replacing it with an ipatched/unhackable Switch.

And if they're extra spiteful, they also ban the replacement Switch since they noticed that your old Switch was banned.

I'd be surprised if they sent back the hackable (albeit broken) Switch though, totally unfixed.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As bundat said they will replace it. A couple of years ago I sent in a wii that I accidentally bricked and got a different refurbished console as replacement with no questions asked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all