Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Best tool ever:

Take a cotton swab and cut off the end
Take a tiny amount of aluminum foil and shove it inside the hole
Make sure the foil covers the tip but doesn't wrap around it

100% foolproof and you never lose contact with the pad!

Thanks for that chuckstudios i just flashed my new black dslite (and i buyed it just today
laugh.gif
)

It didn't worked at first time because the aluminum foil was not placed properly. It was a little to deeper inside the cotton swab than it should be. After i pull the aluminum foil outside just a little bit (but i DO NOT wrap it around the cotton swab as you said) it worked like a charm.

Also this was my first DSLite to flash (i flashed successfully 2 phat ds's in the past) and also the audio cues at flashme v8a are really helpful.
yaynds.gif

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you want to play roms, do you need to flash the nds (change the firmware) or is it possible to use the firmware that it came with and just use a r4 or m3 or something similar? I'm pretty much a noob at this and was just wondering..

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
if you want to play roms, do you need to flash the nds (change the firmware) or is it possible to use the firmware that it came with and just use a r4 or m3 or something similar? I'm pretty much a noob at this and was just wondering..

You don't have to flash. It's really just for people who are paranoid, develop with WMB, or use older hardware

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You don't have to flash. It's really just for people who are paranoid, develop with WMB, or use older hardware

Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up, what's WMB btw, is it for homebrew or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.