Flashcarts that play ds games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by statox, Aug 9, 2013.

1. statox
    OP

statox Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2013
    Hello,
    i recently got a 3ds xl and it has been updated to version 6.2.0-12E and i want to know the cheapest flashcart that would allow me to download and play old ds games on it. I have seen the R4i gold 3ds card however im not sure if this would run on a system already updated. Thanks for any contributions made towards this topic.

2. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Supercard, they keep on updating so you should be ok for a while yet

3. Xenirina

Xenirina Scener

Aug 26, 2012
    Melbourne
    The R4i Gold 3DS is a good card.
    Just make sure it's the r4ids.cn version.

4. statox
    OP

statox Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2013
    so should the R4i gold 3ds run on my 3ds xl even though i have already updated to 6.2.0-12E and also where is the best place to get one in uk?

5. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Its now illegal to sell ds flashcards in the UK. You'll have to find somewhere that'll import it for you

6. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Yeah you can basicly now only buy flashcards in China/Hong Kong, and they mostly can't use PayPal because Nintendo convinced PayPal that flashcards are illegal. Some distributors get around that, but normally only for a short time.
    And the you have the problem that customs could seize your shipment. I don't know if UK customs does said, German customs sometime do that (although they are not illegal to buy or own here, only to sell). But they did not seize the flashcard I ordered in May, although it took over 2 months to get to me.