Hacking Flashcart Trouble

toejam316

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Righto,
I've been using homebrew and flashcarts and the like for a fair while, and I've got a bit of a stumper - I suspect I know what's wrong, but the DS Lite in question is not mine, and the owner does not want to open it at all, and I think he'd rather sell his and buy a new one first.

The issue at hand now - with a new AceKard 2i, the cart is not detected, unless you spend about 10 minutes popping the cart in and out until it's sitting just so, upon where it'll run fine.
Same deal with my EZ-Flash Vi, I've got a friend with my old M3 Simply which I'm going to get to test on it at some point, and I suspect the same will happen with another AceKard 2i I just bought and am expecting within the next couple of days.

Retail carts don't have any issues on his DS - so my current suspicion is that his DS has misaligned contacts, that the guides on the retail carts stop being an issue, but the lack of guides on the flashcarts cause problems with. The DS is older then my current DS Lite, and I cannot think of any other causes for it. Anyone heard of anything like this that could confirm my suspicions?
Anyone have any ideas as to what could be tried to fix it without opening the DS Lite beyond the battery slot (I really doubt Flashme will help though)?

I feel kinda bad about it, because the guy doesn't have much experience with these sort of things and he might feel like I'm ripping him off - my Ez-Flash seems to give him less trouble, so if the new AceKard 2i doesn't work better, I'm going to give him my EZ-Flash (which'll suck, as then I'll have two AceKards, not much use for me as I wanted to have two different carts for updates, compatibility and the like).

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this issue and point out something I'm missing.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acekard 2is are known to have contact issues. Try the paper trick.
IMG_3220.JPG
IMG_3361.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill