Flashcart or SD problem?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by alexg1989, Feb 20, 2011.

Feb 20, 2011

Flashcart or SD problem? by alexg1989 at 5:06 AM (561 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. alexg1989
    OP

Member alexg1989 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    setup

Acekard2i akaio 1.8.5
    microsdhc 4 gb
    dslite

my acekard no longer has any problems being read, but my sd does... it happened occasionally before, but today I couldn't get my dsl/acekard2i to read my microsd for about half an hour.... it's working fine right now but what causes this? I just wanna make sure if I should plan ahead... should I back up all my stuff and buy a new sd stick or is this something that normally happens?

also, when the microsd wasn't working on the DSL, it worked just fine on my sd reader and PC...

edit*

too add... when the microsd isn't read, it doesn't stay on the LOADING screen... it takes me to the select slot card screen... I choose select slot 1 card but after that it doesn't show all the stuff on my SD... I click on options, or info or whatever and it says that I've used over 3 gigs and only have about 200 mb left, and that's true... so it knows there's stuff there but for some reason my stuff doesn't show up....

2. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    New mSD IMO.

3. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    It's never a bad idea to make a backup.

4. alexg1989
    OP

United States
    damn...

where did u buy your MSD?

5. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Get a Transcend Class 6.

The perfect card for an Ak2i.

EDIT: 911 posts -.-

6. alexg1989
    OP

United States
    It seems now my Acekard wants to start screwing up again as well... Last night while playing Poke: White, the game froze... Turned it off then turned it back on and clicked on acekard... then it stayed on the LOADING screen... (meaning it couldn't see the SD was there), then I turned it off and on again, and then this time the DS couldn't see that the Acekard2i was there...

I was wondering... Did I put too much paper in it when I did the paper trick???? I used three strips of art paper.... not that thick.... together it looked about the size of a credit card or so.... that's about as thick as I was told to go in a youtube video about how to do the paper trick... I took out one strip and put in another, but thinner....

after like 5 tries, it finally read the Acekard, but not the SD... few tries later both finally worked again...

Transcend Class 6 eh??? Where did you buy yours? I have creeping suspicion my SD might be a dud, just want to make sure I get a legit one...