Gaming Flash error on dsi?

Nintenmod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i thought i was smart and decided to copy the nand from a us dsi to a japanese dsi. i didnt make a backup of the japanese dsi though. bow i bricked it. does anyone know how to unbrick it? when i turn it on, the blue light turns on but the screens remain dead

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i thought i was smart and decided to copy the nand from a us dsi to a japanese dsi. i didnt make a backup of the japanese dsi though. bow i bricked it. does anyone know how to unbrick it? when i turn it on, the blue light turns on but the screens remain dead
I'm really sorry to hear this. You should have made an account here and asked before doing such a thing. The NAND is encrypted with console unique keys which means an image from console "A" is random garbage data for console "B". (This is true for all modern gaming consoles, not only DSi.)

Although this could maybe(!) have worked by decrypting and re-encrypting with the correct key, writing images to DSi NAND chip is generally frowned upon. How did you even write the image to the Japanese console? The v1.6.1 of fwtool that can be found relatively easy should not even have started the flashing process as it checks for the correct encryption key (if I remember that correctly).

The next best thing for "cloning" would have been using SDNAND on both consoles: [FreeNAND] Even if this did not work, it would not have caused any damage to the console(s).

Anyway: I don't know of anything that could be done here. With an existing backup (or at least the keys) it might be possible to revive the bricked console via hardmod. Else: Assuming all parts of the Japanese DSi had been working previously: Look for a cheap working motherboard or a cheap DSi with damaged screen(s) and replace the dead motherboard.

Despite my negative reply

I wish you good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY